What's new
What's new

Nichols vertical head wc-234 with drive gear and drawbar for sale

JPD

Aluminum
Got the mill, dropped the motor and now it’s trashed. So here’s the vertical head, runs smooth and is very clean. Splined driver and drawbar included. Asking $500, located in Rhode island but could ship. Also will be parting out the rest of the machine, let me know if you need anything before it goes to scrap.

Attachments

• IMG_8008.jpeg
    IMG_8008.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8006.jpeg
    IMG_8006.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8009.jpeg
    IMG_8009.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8010.jpeg
    IMG_8010.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62
Got the mill, dropped the motor and now it’s trashed.
Ouch! Those Master gearmotors are very hard to come by. Did you smash the case/housing?
Also will be parting out the rest of the machine, let me know if you need anything
What RPM was your gearmotor? I would be interested in the helical gear set (two gears, would fit in a small box) if it's a different ratio than my current gear set. Nichols sent out gearmotors configured for 350RPM, 780RPM and 910RPM. I swapped gear sets with another Nichols owner years ago to get 350RPM but have wanted to get back to higher speeds.

Is your machine a toolroom machine with X axis halfnut? I'd be interested in picking up an extra halfnut.

Ouch! Those Master gearmotors are very hard to come by. Did you smash the case/housing?
you should see my knuckle that it landed on
🤢

I’ll take a look and see what motor it is. Will get back to you. Housing isn’t smashed but the shaft is completely locked up.

Got the mill, dropped the motor and now it’s trashed. So here’s the vertical head, runs smooth and is very clean. Splined driver and drawbar included. Asking $500, located in Rhode island but could ship. Also will be parting out the rest of the machine, let me know if you need anything before it goes to scrap.

Sorry to hear about the machine! Regarding the elusive nmtb direct taper collets, I just ran into one of these

which is almost as good, essentially ER32 collets inside the taper region of the tooling. I have a cheapo version en-route, see how it fits up- its cat40 but thats easy enough to check fit in a Nichols before buying something nice.

JPD,
Is this Vert Head still available?
(responded to you on your other post [spindle assy])

J.

Reactions: JPD
Also very interested if this is still available and you are willing to ship (obviously for a fee)
Will reply to WERDI first, if they pass you’re next in line. Sorry I didn’t see that notification.

Back