What's new
What's new

Nikken 4th axis on Fanuc robodrill

Vedo

Plastic
Hello!

I have 2nd hand Fanuc robodrill alpha t10C. The machine came sat in our workshop unused for couple of years and then we got some "expert" to come in and get the machine working. machine came in with palet-changer and 4th axis. The guy who "got it working" told my boss that we won't need palet-changer and 4th axis and disconnected them both from the machine.
Ive never used cnc mill before this one and over the last 2-3 years ive figured out how to use this one..

Now i want to connect this nikken 4th axis back to the machine and try using it.

4th axis is Nikken CNC170 with alpha 21 controler. Ive gotten the manual for alpha 21 controller off Nikken.
When i conected the 4th axis back to the machine it turned on with an error 4001 which according to the manual is that parameters have been lost (battry died after years of it being plugged out) ive changed the battery and started putting the parameters from the manual back into the controller. ive put in all motion parameters back in but for the life of me i can't figure out how to put in servo parameters in.

Does anyone have any experience with this. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Push in this order from the 'home' screen. In Manual mode.
1) PRM
2) DGN
3) Number 1 ( Jumps to Parameter 110 )
4) DATA button
5) Number 1 ( Blinks 00000001 )
6) INPUT ( Turns Solid, PWE Now Enabled )
7) 'C' button ( up level in menu )
8) Number 2 ( Servo parameters )

Enter your servo parameters.....
When done, turn off Alpha 21. It will clear the PWE on next boot up.

Garet

Last edited:
Thanks Garet,

I have tried that but the parameters just won't turn solid on servo parameters. On motion parameters they do turn solid and when I scroll past them and go back my input stays solid but on servo it just doesn't work for me.
I have tried both DEC or HEX value and neither work for me.

If you are in the servo parameters, with the PWE ( #110 ) enabled, there is no other item to unlock.
If you are trying to re-enable RS-232 control, that is a option parameter(s) that have to be enabled first.
#230 makes the parameters visible, but is not the actual options, those are above #230.

From the servo parameter page
1) DATA button ( it clears the parameter )
2) Type in the L and H values
3) Push INPUT

Move to next one with the up / down keys.

If that doesn't fix it, Clear the SRAM and start again.

I am trying to do it with pwe enabled.
L and H values? only thing i have is tables like this
Screenshot 2022-10-10 070704.png

You are not trying to load parameters from the book examples are you?
Use the parameter sheet for YOUR table.
Not a generic sample from the book that might not match your table.

If the original parameter sheet is lost, Nikken can send you a 'generalized' sheet for a CNC 170 / A21.
Lyndex-Nikken 847-367-4800, 800-543-6237

I was going to try, I guess i'm not now!
Ill try contactin nikken in UK to get those parameters.

okay got correct parameters off nikken and was able to put them in! now i just need to see how to get fanuc to see it and/or control it

The oldest proven macro call I have is for a FS 18iM Model B.
If yours is a 16iM the parameters listed in the comments will be the same.

If you have a 16M Model B or Model C they might be different.

The OCR in the PDF is a little wonky. If you copy and paste the text, Check every line.

Garet

Attachments

• FS 18i Macro.pdf
    23.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thanks ill try this today!
my machine doesn't show any other axes except x y z do i need to change fanuc parameters?

Back