What's new
What's new

No differentiation in font for read vs not-read thread titles

Antarctica

Hot Rolled
Saw thing happened to another forum I'm on when upgraded. Let me guess - PM transferred to Xenforo. No problem with Xenforo, but this newest "upgrade" it includes (no way to tell which threads are read, drives me crazy. And I'm sure no one will change it.

Well - I changed it and it does indeed work - Thank you!!

Unfortunately - all 'branding' from PM disappears and it lust looks like a generic xenforo site.

That said, its better than the moronic way its currently implemented...

If you change the forum style to "default" under the preferences menu, it differentiates between read and unread threads the same as it used to - bold text for unread/new and normal for read/old.

Except for the Helium thread for some reason?

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, it cleared this time.
???

I had opened it (page 1) and had "mark this forum read" each at least once, and couldn't git it to clear.
So this time I opened it again AND opened page2, and now it cleared.

???

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This can be fixed. Its just whether or not anyone cares enough to do it. I'd rather have the former 'default' without the PM masthead than this junk. Nobody is saying whether these things are being worked on. I hope they are.

Yes, Milacron has posted in each of the "Site Will Be Down" sticky threads that it will be down here and there during this week as they try to address many of the issues that we have all found after the first cpl of days.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was having this same problem even though style was set to "Use default style: Novus". I changed the setting to "Novus", saved and exited. Then reopened, changed style back to "Use default style: Novus" and saved again. Now it works, we'll see how long.

You just happened to be dinking with it while they flashed an update.
Several things changed in the last little while.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Looks like some good tweaks so far. Thread titles now differentiate read/unread like they used to, and the old metallic etc. designations are back. Location is there too on a computer, but not on mobile unless you click someone's name. I am still unable to use emoticons on mobile also.

Last edited:
I was having this same problem even though style was set to "Use default style: Novus". I changed the setting to "Novus", saved and exited. Then reopened, changed style back to "Use default style: Novus" and saved again. Now it works, we'll see how long.
Today it was not working again. Repeated the above process, now it's working again.

Back