What's new
What's new

No MPG control of 4th after adding 4th axis to Robodrill

jrs00024

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I added a Tsudakoma RZ-160 rotary table to a Fanuc Robodrill alpha T10C from 1996 vintage with a 16m-c controller on it. I converted the tsudakoma to an alpha a1/3000 servo and paired it to an A06b-6079-H101 servo amp per the manual. Connected the aux functions of the table such as clamp, clamp verification switches (no dogs, no deccel but that's ok as it's an absolute encoder). I adjusted all of the parameters per a setup sheet I got from Methods of a similar vintage machine - this is the type of sheet they would send out into the field to activate the 4th axis option so it seems like it has everything one would need to make it work and also dialed in the servo per servo param manual.

I can make the rotary spin via an MDI program G0 G91 A100.00; without issue. The encoder counts properly, it indexes to the degree it's directed to, M10 to clamp, M11 to unclamp. The clamp/unclamp switches show up in diagnostic screen as registering, no servo errors, etc. I just cannot for the life of me get the manual pulse generator to control it. The operator control panel has a 4th/5th button but the machine was not originally ordered with the option. when pressed the LED lights up and the ladder appears to have all the rungs to operate it but I am not quite grasping the ladder enough to understand what is missing. I also added a RISC-B board and a data server some time ago but I don't think that would have an influence on this aspect. The MPG has always driven the X,Y,Z as it should and those still work properly now - just not the A.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• IMG_3996.jpg
    IMG_3996.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3998.jpg
    IMG_3998.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4007.jpg
    IMG_4007.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4011.jpg
    IMG_4011.jpg
    868.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4016.jpg
    IMG_4016.jpg
    706.9 KB · Views: 18
The images of your ladder are very difficult to read with all the vertical lines. There is very likely a Keep Relay that needs to be set to enable the 4th on the MPG. If you find the X input for the 4th button and search the ladder rungs for a K address within that logic that will likely be what you need to set. Might also be able to be found in documentation of the PMC parameters. I've not worked on a robo as new as yours so don't know what all Fanuc did in this regard.

The images of your ladder are very difficult to read with all the vertical lines. There is very likely a Keep Relay that needs to be set to enable the 4th on the MPG. If you find the X input for the 4th button and search the ladder rungs for a K address within that logic that will likely be what you need to set. Might also be able to be found in documentation of the PMC parameters. I've not worked on a robo as new as yours so don't know what all Fanuc did in this regard.
Thanks for the assistance and sorry about the screen - its no good but a rainy day project.

I've found rungs in the ladder for 4+4- and 5+/5- jog feed but they are written together near the top of the ladder (net 00060~) while the the x/y/z jog feed is written around net/page 00670~. Does the order top-to-bottom not matter or are relays only being satisfied below the 4th jog feed rungs thus not allowing it to jog?

No, though the rungs are read top to bottom, an unsatisfied rung will have no effect on subsequent rungs unless the unsatisfied rung is needed to be true to satisfy a subsequent rung. I will try to view those pics again and see if I can see enough to work with.

After running through every page of the signal status screen pressing the XYZ4 buttons repeatedly the only breakdown I can see between XYZ MPG buttons and 4th MPG button is F0102.0 (X) MV1 Axis Moving Signal goes high when x button is active, F0102.1 (Y) MV2 Axis Moving Signal goes high when Y button is active, F0102.2 (Z) MV3 axis moving signal goes high when Z button is active but F102.3 (4th) MV4 axis moving signal does NOT go high when 4th button is active. I traced back F0102.3 as far back as I could but it seems its a sort of a base signal - that is nothing happens before it to be active or inactive, it is either high or low via some sort of digital I/O from the PMC. Have you seen this signal before or have an idea how to correct?

Thanks,
James

No, though the rungs are read top to bottom, an unsatisfied rung will have no effect on subsequent rungs unless the unsatisfied rung is needed to be true to satisfy a subsequent rung. I will try to view those pics again and see if I can see enough to work with.
This is solved. I originally was dicking around with option parameters and I had on "4th axis simultaneous programming" in the 9900's which prevented the table from jogging probably because there are a bunch of params that must be set after activating 4th axis simultaneous programming option of which I did not. Thanks for your help Vancbiker!

Hello
This is solved. I originally was dicking around with option parameters and I had on "4th axis simultaneous programming" in the 9900's which prevented the table from jogging probably because there are a bunch of params that must be set after activating 4th axis simultaneous programming option of which I did not. Thanks for your help Vancbiker!
Hello Im doing the same work on a robodrill 1989, can I have your help?
Thankyou

Back