What's new
What's new

NOS Moore 1-2-3 block set. Still wrapped. Sharing and question

gregoryd

Hot Rolled
I'm helping a neighbor sell some tools that he got from his brother decades ago. Many of them are new and never opened from 40-50 years ago. One wild thing is this Moore set of 1-2-3 blocks with everything still wrapped up. I'm posting because I thought this group would get a kick out it. One block had been unwrapped in the past and had a couple of rust dots where the oil paper gave out. I opened a second block and it also had a couple of spots.

My worry is that unwrapping to check the condition and be able to see each block would ruin the desirability to someone that wants to collect an untouched set.

So - what would you do? Any idea on a value?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 70

reggie_obe

Titanium
Last edited:

M.B. Naegle

Titanium
I Dunno. With the exception of hand tools and stuff like 100 year old mini bench lathes, AFAIK there isn't really much of a market for tooling that would go on display, which is about the only use for perpetually wrapped artifacts. Plenty of guys that would love to have some mint jig bore stuff that would care for it like it deserves, but they would likely want to use it, so I don't know that the paper has much value, other than just being a security seal of sorts for the collector to break as he puts the stuff to work.

Unless you find a museum looking to curate a tool & die display? Moore might even be interested in old mint tooling for their own archive?

gregoryd

Hot Rolled
Thanks guys. I was thinking along the lines of what was posted. Hope everyone enjoyed seeing the factory packaging!

I also have a lot of smaller stuff like thread fish gauges that are still in the box and have the packing slip dated 1963, micrometers, armstrong flaring tools, etc - facinating that it all lasted so long.

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Captur3e.JPG
    Captur3e.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 41