What's new
What's new

NOTICE - Practical Machinist down Mon. May 16 for 24 hours for forum software upgrade

Was prepared for PM withdrawal but it apparently the upgrade work has not started yet. Maybe later today? So far it looks like the good old PM.

"Cough"

First impressions aren't great - I don't think any of us are into "Awards", and I can't find the the "latest post" button for updated threads. Am I just overlooking it?
Not impressed either. I cant seem to focus on things as well for some reason. Seems disorganized and much less professional then the old site. Sad to see the old style go. Probably have even more people move to facebook now. :(

So far deeply disappointed.
Like I thought, millenial bullshit.

Never mind the looks ( change for the sake of change is garbage, but what the hell, millenials like it so ... ), but how does one visually see that the thread has a new post?
What about not having a global "Mark threads as read"?
Having to do it individually for each and every single subforum is just fucking retarded!

Not impressed. Instead of using the middle half of my widescreen monitor, it now uses the left quarter and the right quarter. Can't tell what's unread, or how to jump to the first unread post in a thread.

cc69008a-c301-44b8-af10-56110f9c6893_text.gif

So far deeply disappointed.
Like I thought, millenial bullshit.

Never mind the looks ( change for the sake of change is garbage, but what the hell, millenials like it so ... ), but how does one visually see that the thread has a new post?
What about not having a global "Mark threads as read"?
Having to do it individually for each and every single subforum is just fucking retarded!
There is a global mark forums read (It also shows up if you just look at the New Posts):
1652783531523.png

It would be great if we could get a VB style old theme! A bunch of the other forums I know of that have switched to Xenforo have added a theme like that so that it looks very similar to VB looked.

More than likely one could search PM past posts and find just about everything one needs to know.

Except "What is the difference between an Orange and a bicycle?"

and what Michigan river is likely to have the most Gold.
I am probably one of four people in the world who knows the answers and I'm not telling.

Ops! If you know, please don't tell.
Buck
i believe the answer to the first question is "Motorcycle", because a vest doesn't have sleeves...

Looks fine to me. But so does British dentistry. Seriously, I can't understand peoples resistance to change.
Well, I've tried to change my wife out at one time, but her resistance convinced me otherwise.
We're both better off for it.
But to be serious, why is there a need to the visual change? I do understand having to update the guts, but why the forced UI?
Specially when it is less obvious.
Take for example a quoted post ( as in this one ). It used to be very obvious and clear that it was a quote.
Now it's just a line. Like blah ....

Thank you, that works. ( not sure how I missed it as that was the first place I've looked )

Now to the other question. It is easy to see the subforum which has new posts, but there is no visual clue which posts are new.
You can switch your theme under preferences to 'default style' which has bold for the new posts.

Hopefully we will get some more themes in the future.

Back