What's new
What's new

NUTTALL lathes

You need a 127 tooth gear to cut metric...It replaces the big middle gear in the drive train...You would then have to work out what it changes with regards to pitch on the quick change gearbox...From memory when I had my Nuttall 16tpi would be changed to 1.5 pitch metric...

Do your lathes have that 5 point star pattern for the change gears centre hole???? I wish I took some photo's of mine before I sold it...

Ringer,

I have not been down to my shed for a few days so will get back to you on the change gears centre holes.

Have been updating our computers with a LAN & a new broadband, & what with drilling holes through brick walls & tearing my hair out with "Windows " How I HATE Windows.

Regards,

AAB

Have got my " baby " all fired up & have done a parking brake rebore.

Quite a good job,
,even if I say so myself, particularly since I have not used a lathe since 1948 !!

nuttall4.jpg

Have all the guards etc on now.

Regards from Melbourne,Australia,

AAB

AAB you'll never score any sort of record by reviving your old topic. Not too many want to know about antipidean oddities (spelling right?).

Mine is 1959 vintage 61/2" centre height. Propably yours is too.
I still need the genuine travelling steady otherwise I have all the essential accessories.

Correction. I think the top section of the fixed steady is missing too.

Mine is just like the top picture in RC's post, even the badge on the change gear cover.

.RC.
Can I convince you to come into the light and have a talk?
Can you provide any details of the small nuttall in the top picture?
Like I said above it's very close to mine even down to that production type 3 jaw chuck.
I bought mine from Jeffress Brothers at Northgate before they closed.

Damien I just grabbed those pics using Google images as examples...Mine also was very similar to the one in the top pic that was very much pre loved, the only accessories it had with it was a 127 tooth change gear and a fixed steady...It had a D1-6 camlock spindle and was make in 1964..

Hi all first post. I'm in trouble, bought a grouse 1962 Nuttall lathe no17... 5 metres long 800mm swing, but I really need to know how much it weighs. I'm supposed to pick it up in the morning but truck driver needs to know. Thanks on advance, will update when I get the baby home...

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Back