What's new
What's new

Obama asks companies to pay suppliers on time

Status
Not open for further replies.
60-39 in a fillibuster situation (among other procedural trickery.) Meaning it was a situation that required a minimum of 60 votes, in which case, any vote can be considered a "deciding vote".

Doc.
Funny thing about procedural trickery...this is exactly how both of Bush's tax cuts were pushed through...resulting in 6 or more trillion dollars in debt.

As I asked about the hard numbers between the red and blue states, look at the actual dollars donated.

-And, to forestall those that will inevitably say I'm automatically disregarding data, I ask for the hard numbers because stated as a percentage it's inaccurate, and probably intentionally so.

If I've got $20 and give $10 to a homeless person, I gave 50% of my fortune. If Romney had $20 million and gave $5 million to charity, he "only" gave 25%. Label me the liberal and him the conservative and holy crap, the liberal gave twice as much to charity as that evil, rotten rethuglican!

Read ALL the data, not just what they spoon-feed you. :D

Doc.

-And, to forestall those that will inevitably say I'm automatically disregarding data, I ask for the hard numbers because stated as a percentage it's inaccurate, and probably intentionally so.

If I've got $20 and give $10 to a homeless person, I gave 50% of my fortune. If Romney had $20 million and gave $5 million to charity, he "only" gave 25%. Label me the liberal and him the conservative and holy crap, the liberal gave twice as much to charity as that evil, rotten rethuglican!

Read ALL the data, not just what they spoon-feed you. :D

Doc.

Repeating your argument does not make it any more correct.

See the hard numbers I posted. There is no statistical difference between liberals and conservatives on charitable giving.

Funny thing about procedural trickery...this is exactly how both of Bush's tax cuts were pushed through...resulting in 6 or more trillion dollars in debt.

-Well, if you'd like to trade anecdotes about that, at least Bush's tax cuts were actually voted on in Congress. Unlike the current Administration's failure- after what, six years now- to produce and vote on an actual Budget. Which is, of course, the one and only constitutionally mandated job of the United States Senate.

Oh, and what's the current debt right now? Slightly over twice that, isn't it? :D

Doc.

See the hard numbers I posted. There is no statistical difference between liberals and conservatives on charitable giving.

-You posted no hard numbers, and your statistics are (probably) intentionally misleading. Give us the total dollars donated, let's say for fiscal 2012.

Doc.

I have been told by more than one person that I should be a republican,

You'd never make the cut. We learn at an early age to kick puppies, slap kids when their parents aren't looking & push old ladies in front of oncoming cars. When we grow up......it's our life goal to make your life miserable & just generally cause chaos. It's a lot of work, you really have to apply yourself.

-Well, if you'd like to trade anecdotes about that, at least Bush's tax cuts were actually voted on in Congress. Unlike the current Administration's failure- after what, six years now- to produce and vote on an actual Budget. Which is, of course, the one and only constitutionally mandated job of the United States Senate.

Oh, and what's the current debt right now? Slightly over twice that, isn't it? :D

Doc.

Actually the ACA was voted on...it was passed through reconciliation, just like those cuts.
Debt...yep.
Take a look...and remember that we were paying the debt down till reaganomics kicked in.
Where did the debt come from? | Business Forward

You'd never make the cut. We learn at an early age to kick puppies, slap kids when their parents aren't looking & push old ladies in front of oncoming cars. When we grow up......it's our life goal to make your life miserable & just generally cause chaos. It's a lot of work, you really have to apply yourself.

Have you tried KC Masterpiece with your puppies?
It's awesome!

-You posted no hard numbers, and your statistics are (probably) intentionally misleading. Give us the total dollars donated, let's say for fiscal 2012.

Doc.

Why can't you post those numbers? Is it possible you pulled it out of your ass?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

No, it's not contrary...it lacks meaningful content.

-So give us the content. Your article covers just one, possibly anomalous year. Mine covers 14 years. The only difference is mine doesn't show what those states paid in, so all you have to do is find the tax data for those states in those 14 years.

I know it's going to be a bit harder than just saying "those red states suckin' up all the tax dollars", but it'll be a damn sight more honest.

Doc.

Why can't you post those numbers? Is it possible you pulled it out of your ass?

-Depends on if you consider Art Brooks an ass. :D

Excerpt from one of several articles reviewing the book:

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income

Doc.

-So give us the content. Your article covers just one, possibly anomalous year. Mine covers 14 years. The only difference is mine doesn't show what those states paid in, so all you have to do is find the tax data for those states in those 14 years.

I know it's going to be a bit harder than just saying "those red states suckin' up all the tax dollars", but it'll be a damn sight more honest.

Doc.

Sorry...context...as mentioned your numbers are meaningless with out a reference to how much the states pay INTO the Fed.
Again a million dollar company makes 5k, so does a 25000 company, without knowing the size of the company the 5k is meaningless.

Sorry...context...as mentioned your numbers are meaningless with out a reference to how much the states pay INTO the Fed.
Again a million dollar company makes 5k, so does a 25000 company, without knowing the size of the company the 5k is meaningless.

[sigh]

Fine. So you admit you said "those red states suckin' up all the tax dollars" (or whatever the exact phrase was) without knowing the actual facts.

Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back