What's new
What's new

off topic but don't know a better forum to ask, Packard v1650 plans

dauntae

Plastic
so I know this is slightly off topic/ not the central conversation of this board however;

I am looking to see if I can machine a model Rolls Royce/ Packard 1650at 1/2 scale I believe that I have the machines to be able to handle it, and at least enough ability to learn new skills that I wont set my house on fire trying to learn/ produce this. what I do not have is plans for the actual engine, I mean like proper machines drawings or modern 3d files etc. I tried to google it but only got like poster prints of cool looking parts expanded views etc., no actual demotions or anything like that.

does anyone know of a good location to find the machinist plans/drawings etc for the Packard v1650 or rolls Royce merlin?

so I know this is slightly off topic/ not the central conversation of this board however;

I am looking to see if I can machine a model Rolls Royce/ Packard 1650at 1/2 scale I believe that I have the machines to be able to handle it, and at least enough ability to learn new skills that I wont set my house on fire trying to learn/ produce this. what I do not have is plans for the actual engine, I mean like proper machines drawings or modern 3d files etc. I tried to google it but only got like poster prints of cool looking parts expanded views etc., no actual demotions or anything like that.

does anyone know of a good location to find the machinist plans/drawings etc for the Packard v1650 or rolls Royce merlin?

1/2 scale, really? That thing will be bigger than a big block Chevy!

1/2 scale, really? That thing will be bigger than a big block Chevy!

thats kind of the point, i want it to go into a replica Duesenberg midnight ghost that im also building; i have found myself medically retired at 28 due to work injuries and am looking for projects to spend the next 50 years of life on while i go to weekly pain management doc apt, chiro and physical therapist, surigies scar tissue etc, so like i dont wanna take home job shop/ customer work because idk when i will have time to finish anything but i know there is time between these appointments that should slow down and level out as time goes on

Not to be a smartass but if this is your first engine you might want to start on something considerably simpler simpler.

Back