What's new
What's new

OFHC Copper Part RFQ

Mark W. Ingalls

Aluminum
Hello Practical Machinists!
I have been retired for a few years, but an old colleague of mine asked for help on a project. So, I need a part made, but I don't have a shop!
The part in question is to be made from 1/4 inch OFHC copper plate. I have attached a couple files of it.
Thanks for looking,
Mark

Attachments

• Shorting_plate_MWI.pdf
    73.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Shorting_Plate_MWI.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 24
Like OX posted a quantity would be nice But I assume A means 1.

I dont carry very much of that alloy of copper in stock sadly. A few of my vendors are throwing up the *Contact for Quote* on the copper plate/round stock due to shipping or not in stock .I will call around in the morning to make sure they have it.

I will message with quote when I have one.

Like OX posted a quantity would be nice But I assume A means 1.

I dont carry very much of that alloy of copper in stock sadly. A few of my vendors are throwing up the *Contact for Quote* on the copper plate/round stock due to shipping or not in stock .I will call around in the morning to make sure they have it.

I will message with quote when I have one.
Thank you, Mr. Eggleton. Yes, I only need one. Mark

Mark,

I am having an issue with opening the .STP file type. Would it be possible for you to send me an .IGES file?

On the drawing at location C4 Where the countersink and the counterbore almost meet there is a step between them. Your drawing PDF seems to me to be missing that dim. If you cant convert the file just let me know what it is then I can redraw to find out the overall depth of the countersink.

Vincent

Mark,

I am having an issue with opening the .STP file type. Would it be possible for you to send me an .IGES file?

On the drawing at location C4 Where the countersink and the counterbore almost meet there is a step between them. Your drawing PDF seems to me to be missing that dim. If you cant convert the file just let me know what it is then I can redraw to find out the overall depth of the countersink.

Vincent
I will work on that, Vincent. That countersink doesn’t have a critical depth, except that it needs to be there and “look good.” In the past when I made these type of things, I would end up with cosmetic problems if I tried to “fine tune” the countersink depth. I don’t want a sharp edge, I don’t want galling, but I do want a chamfer/countersink around the hole…

Mark,

Vincent
Dear Vincent-

I have attached a zipped *.IGES file. Could zipping the original file be the problem, I wonder?

Whenever I was trying to design stuff in the past, it worked best when I could partner with a sympathetic machinist. I would start with an initial (gewfy) sketch that the machinist would review and then "advise" me about what was sensible and what wasn't. Probably the thing I miss most in retirement is that feeling of partnership. All that to say, my client is stuck, or they wouldn't have bothered me in the first place, and I'm stuck, or I wouldn't have put out the RFQ. Whatever we can do to help get those fellows unstuck and to help you prosper, I'm all ears!

Mark

Attachments

• Shorting_Plate_MWI (iges).zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 7
Mark,

Vincent
… Would it help to omit the countersink entirely?

"… Would it help to omit the countersink entirely?"

Not knowing what this fits or how it fits makes it hard for me to suggest one way or the other.
Knowing now that the countersink is for looks and not a depth for some home made screw helps. Its not going to be a problem to add the countersink.

Your .iges file came in for me. There is a few extra construction lines from how you made your drawing but NO PROBLEM. I am not sure if its being zipped or just the file type is finicky for my system . I attached a screen shoot of the drawing in isometric view so you can see how it came in.

I had a few walk in customers from last week I was finishing up with and will Message you with a quote.
You can feel free to send me an email [email protected] with any other RFQ's.

Attachments

• 3 lines.jpg
    3 lines.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 6
"… Would it help to omit the countersink entirely?"

Not knowing what this fits or how it fits makes it hard for me to suggest one way or the other.
Knowing now that the countersink is for looks and not a depth for some home made screw helps. Its not going to be a problem to add the countersink.

Your .iges file came in for me. There is a few extra construction lines from how you made your drawing but NO PROBLEM. I am not sure if its being zipped or just the file type is finicky for my system . I attached a screen shoot of the drawing in isometric view so you can see how it came in.

I had a few walk in customers from last week I was finishing up with and will Message you with a quote.
You can feel free to send me an email [email protected] with any other RFQ's.
Awesome

Back