What's new
What's new

OKK HM600 Pallet Change Issue

CNC Parameters are uploaded to the link I posted above.
And so..... The only Mcode for calling the program is M6, calling O9001, parameter 6071. Nothing else is involved.
About the ladder. This is the most inconvenient ladder I've ever seen - not a single comment!!!! Please note - treat further information with caution, I am not an expert and only spent about 45 minutes examining your ladder.
M60 - change of pallets, without indicating the pallet number. It simply changes the one that is currently active to another.
M78 - clamp of the 4th axis.
Both of these codes are ordinary Mcodes, they are processed by the ladder without calling any other programs.

In the end, what I suggest to you: make a program O9002 with the text:
G65 P99
M30

After this, set parameter 6072=63

As a result, Mcode 63 will have to call program 9002, which will call program 99, which will change the pallets.
Option 2: rename program 99 to 9002 and set the parameter as I wrote above.
Mcodes 61 and 62 are occupied in the ladder, so I would not recommend using them to call the program. Theoretically, this should not lead to any problems: with zero nesting level, Mcode will call the program to which it is linked using a parameter; at further nesting levels, Mcode will work like a regular Mcode through a ladder. But I always prefer that the Mcodes used to call the program are not used in the ladder - to avoid confusion.

To be able to edit O9xxx programs, change the value of parameter 3202#4 and then return to the previous value.
#4 NE9 Editing of subprograms with program numbers 9000 to 9999
0: Not inhibited
1: Inhibited

61 and 62, I believe, were the original pallet change commands. So, could I create a program that is linked to wherever they're pointing to, to make the machine act as was originally intended?

61 and 62, I believe, were the original pallet change commands. So, could I create a program that is linked to wherever they're pointing to, to make the machine act as was originally intended?
If you still really want to use M61, just write the value 61 in the parameter. As I already said, I do not recommend combining Mcodes in the ladder and CNC, but Fanuk does not prohibit doing so.
From what I see on the ladder, M61 and M62 do almost nothing.
You can add a check for the current pallet number at the beginning of the program, and at the end of the program, for example, write the new pallet number into some non-volatile variable like #500-#600. Using this, you can make two almost identical programs, one of which will call pallet No. 1, and the other will call pallet No. 2.
Then name the second program 9003 and write 62 to parameter 6073.

So some M codes are handled by parameters, and some are handled by the ladder?
Having detected some kind of Mcode in a program, the CNC first checks whether it is tied to some program. If not, the CNC turns to the ladder. This works with nesting level =1. At nesting levels 2, 3, etc. The CNC immediately accesses the ladder - for this reason, in macro programs you need to directly indicate the called program: if in your program for changing pallets you for some reason need to change the tool, M06 will not work, you need to write G65 P9001 Txx

I think I get it. I'll probably use your M63 solution for the time being, and see if we can get some help from OKK applications to get this machine set back up the way it's supposed to be.

Back