What's new
What's new

Okuma Cadet 4020 file transfer

tamm248

Plastic
I just bought a 1995 Okuma Cadet 4020 w/OSP 5020m control and I don't know how to transfer a program to the machine. I can get the programs out of the machine just fine. The connection is rs232 25 pin to 9 pin with an adapter to usb. I am not sure if there is something special you need to put in after you push read just before you hit write. If I just hit write I get error 2131. I have tried cn0: and hit write and it calls for the program because i can see the software start to send the program but it never gets to the control.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Mtndew

Diamond
Man it's been a long time since I messed with that control.
I THINK you have to give it a program name then have the control read, then send it from your computer.
The program name HAS to start with a letter, and up to 16 characters max.
Has to have a .min extension
% at beginning and end of the program also.

tamm248

Plastic
Currently I am using Xon Xoff. The software is called PCdnc plus. My baud rate set on the computer is 9600.

litlerob1

Diamond
9600 is way too much for OSP 5020. I would change it to 7200 or even 4800. I think the control defaults to 7200....maybe.

I'd follow Mtndews instructions. I name all my programs A.MIN for transfer, for si.plicity, then change it after. I don't store unused programs in the control. The control needs to be 'read'ing before you send from the PC.