What's new
What's new

Okuma Mill Left Hand Drilling

DNoda

Plastic
We are attempting to run a right angle head in an Okuma mill with an OSP-P300M-R controller. Everything is mounted and ready to go. The problem we are having is the right angle head requires the spindle to run CCW to run the drill CW. We are using M04, but as soon as G83 is called up the spindle automatically reverts to clockwise. Does anyone know of a G or M code or a parameter that might need to be changed that will allow us to drill CCW? I've searched and all that comes up is left hand tapping. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Obviously we can and thats last resort. Why respond if you're going to be of no help?

We are attempting to run a right angle head in an Okuma mill with an OSP-P300M-R controller. Everything is mounted and ready to go. The problem we are having is the right angle head requires the spindle to run CCW to run the drill CW. We are using M04, but as soon as G83 is called up the spindle automatically reverts to clockwise. Does anyone know of a G or M code or a parameter that might need to be changed that will allow us to drill CCW? I've searched and all that comes up is left hand tapping. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There's gotta be something that controls that. Have you called Gosiger and spoke to applications? They usually can give you the answer on the spot.

A last resort ? Jesus. Ten lines of code and you're snivelling. Man up. You'd be done in half the time it took to come and cry here. That's a help.

I suppose you're also going to tell him to write a tapping cycle too? JuSt UsE G1!

What't he point of being such a dickhead? You just can't help yourself, spewing bullshit all over here, can you? Is it really that hard to simply not reply if you don't know the answer?

Back