What's new
What's new

Ongoing unrest in Russia

Something I just realized about this war by russia. After the first several months russia has not taken any actual cities or towns. Yes they have taken "cities" and "towns". But first they have to totally destroy them with artillery and bombs. Nothing is left standing, kill or chase off all the people, finally the Ukrainian soldiers withdraw since the city no longer exists. Then the russians "conquer" a large vacant lot full of broken buildings and junk.
Bill D
What destroyed cities and towns are you talking about?

Something I just realized about this war by russia. After the first several months russia has not taken any actual cities or towns. Yes they have taken "cities" and "towns". But first they have to totally destroy them with artillery and bombs. Nothing is left standing, kill or chase off all the people, finally the Ukrainian soldiers withdraw since the city no longer exists. Then the russians "conquer" a large vacant lot full of broken buildings and junk.
Bill D
Probably trying to avoid homeless living in abject poverty and squalor like in the caves of Modesto.
But yeah, Russia appears intent on destroying Ukraine infrastructure. News reports the main power plant in Kiev was destroyed.

Last edited:
peanuts compared ....was common to fire one million shells a day from each side in WW1 .......at the battle for the windmill at Pozieres the Germans fired 8 million shells in 3 days..(the windmill turned into dust)

See a thing on the telly last night about another l big leak of US secret documents , a lot of the documents about the Ukraine war .........the guy who leaked the documents was just another young fruitcake wanting to big note himself on internet forums ,with the FSD being very interested in previously top secret US high tech .......Seems the guy simply took each doc home ,put it online ,then replaced it the next day .

See a thing on the telly last night about another l big leak of US secret documents , a lot of the documents about the Ukraine war .........the guy who leaked the documents was just another young fruitcake wanting to big note himself on internet forums ,with the FSD being very interested in previously top secret US high tech .......Seems the guy simply took each doc home ,put it online ,then replaced it the next day .
May end up with Snowden as a roommate doing stuff like that.

QT: the guy who leaked the documents was just another young fruitcake wanting to...
It really seems odd that pool guy has the combination to the owners safe in the military and important places, in retrospect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mod Note~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folks, keep this discussion on topic, further political posts unrelated to Russian Unrest / Manufacturing will be deleted and warnings issued.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
The way the unrest is spreading to other area's is not good. Iran getting involved directly in the other theater makes me a bit nervous. Oh well if someone drops a nuke close enough to affect me hopefully I go quick. I don't want to live through that.

Iran is run by a bunch of nutjob fanatics .......the one thing stopping them from an all out attack is the probability of being roasted to a crispy crisp........Putin can get whatever he wants from these nutjobs in exchange for a few nukes.

QT: (Iran is run by a bunch of nutjob fanatics .......the one thing stopping them from an all out attack is the probability of being roasted to a crispy crisp).
And they like free momey as a bribe to be a little bit nice.

Last edited:

Back