What's new
What's new

Ongoing unrest in Russia

“Proportional response” is getting a bit stretched here as each strike gets a new retaliation.

Iran tried to stop the game after the weekend missile/drone launches- “our retaliation is over” and now apparently is still trying to back away from protracted exchanges :

Speaker Johnson now weighing in on Ru/Iran threat to Europe changes the dynamic as well.

House republicans are now unequivocal on the current standing of these nations as being contrary to U.S. interests.

Last edited:
Very embarassing for the nutjobs in Teheran......they cant stop one missile ......and wont admit it.......Fanatic or not,Im sure the ayotollahs see what would happen if Israel unloaded even 10% of its nuclear force on them.

Last edited:
“Proportional response” is getting a bit stretched here as each strike gets a new retaliation.

Iran tried to stop the game after the weekend missile/drone launches- “our retaliation is over” and now apparently is still trying to back away from protracted exchanges :

Speaker Johnson now weighing in on Ru/Iran threat to Europe changes the dynamic as well.

House republicans are now unequivocal on the current standing of these nations as being contrary to U.S. interests.
What does our Democrat leadership say our national interests are, and what part of the World?
Must be one heck of a list.

Last edited:
We really need to give everybody all of our money, so when we are flat busted we can ask for help.
If we would invite all the terrorists to the USA then the rest or the world might be safer.

Last edited:
Heard on the radio yesterday that at least 50,000 Russian soldiers have been killed. The same report said that the Czar told the people that the count
was 6,000 a few years ago. That report was quickly discounted. The 50,000 number is a list with confirmations made by volunteers checking cemetery
head stones, etc. The report said that the figure is likely close to double.

Heard on the radio yesterday that at least 50,000 Russian soldiers have been killed. The same report said that the Czar told the people that the count
was 6,000 a few years ago. That report was quickly discounted. The 50,000 number is a list with confirmations made by volunteers checking cemetery
Like every other war. Old men talk, young men die.

Like every other war. Old men talk, young men die.
The radio report said that different classes of soldiers were killed. I forget if this applies to a particular side.

1. First year the more elite trained guys died.
2. Then the next ranked ones.
3. And so forth to less trained guys.

Brothers fighting brothers, the worst sort of conflict. No one wins.

I’d say it depends on which democrat you ask eh:

I believe it is a fair question of each of us.
The answers are not simple ones as forfeiting influence diminishes choices and has perhaps unforeseen consequences.
Based on this from your post....."House republicans are now unequivocal" it sounded like it was a black and white issue politically...at least on one side of the aisle. Sounds like Democrats are not all on the same page?
It's likely that many(?) of the details regarding decision making that we are privy to differ greatly from the the real reasons and political reality from either political party.
I doubt most of our leadership team gives two shits about what the average citizen thinks.

Last edited:
Based on this from your post....."House republicans are now unequivocal" it sounded like it was a black and white issue politically...at least on one side of the aisle. Sounds like Democrats are not all on the same page?
It's likely that many(?) of the details regarding decision making that we are privy to differ greatly from the the real reasons and political reality from either political party.
I doubt most of our leadership team gives two shits about what the average citizen thinks.

What I mean is that the GOP is forming a strong stance on the resistance to Russian posturing.
I am not commenting on the Democrats at all.
The vote on Ukraine aid is Saturday night.
I will be interested to see how that goes.

The pundit class is scratching their heads on speaker Johnson’s new vigor on this.
He specifically cites intelligence briefings having informed his views.
Given the hardening of resistance to Russia in Europe and now the U.S. I guess we could gather that something is now known about the threat picture over the next few years.

Perspective:

Medvedev:

“No one doubted that American lawmakers would approve "aid" to a gang of neo-Nazis. It was a vote by the joyous bastards of the state:
a) in favor of continuing the civil war of the divided people of our formerly united country;
b) in favor of maximizing the casualties of this war.

We will win, of course, despite the 61 billion bloody dollars that will mostly go down the throats of their insatiable MIC. Strength and Truth are behind us.

But in view of the Russophobic decision that took place, I cannot in all sincerity not wish the US to plunge into a new civil war itself as soon as possible. Which, I hope, will be radically different from the war between North and South in the XIX century and will be fought with the use of airplanes, tanks, artillery, MLRS, all kinds of missiles and other weapons. And which will finally lead to the ignominious collapse of the vile evil empire of the 21st century - the United States of America.”
{end quote}

The Sirius Report
@thesiriusreport
This is even worse than sanctioning Russia's central bank and freezing Russian assets. Washington is on a suicide mission:

US House of Representatives has approved confiscation of frozen Russian assets in the US and giving them to Ukraine.
9:51 PM · Apr 20, 2024

Wonder if there is any co relation between all Russky money confiscated ..and the noisy MAGA/GOP crew turning against the Russkys?.......Historically all US politics is quantified in terms of $...........Id expect the US Defence industry may have put a little more emphasis on business..... with the GOP putting a little less on Trump s crusade against his supposed enemies in Ukraine.

Wonder if there is any co relation between all Russky money confiscated ..and the noisy MAGA/GOP crew turning against the Russkys?.......Historically all US politics is quantified in terms of $...........Id expect the US Defence industry may have put a little more emphasis on business..... with the GOP putting a little less on Trump s crusade against his supposed enemies in Ukraine.
Defense industry guides political decision making in most countries. The latest funding proposal helps Australia get nuke subs and jobs in the U.S. and Great Britain.
Nuke subs are an expensive long term commitment---'in for a dime, in for hundreds of billion dollars.
Welcome to the party!

Last edited:

Back