What's new
What's new

Opinions: Takisawa model TC-3 CNC Turning Center an Fanuc 0-T

mhansen

Plastic
Hey guys I have the opportunity to purchase a TC3.jpg similar to the machine in the photo below. Machine is late 80's early 90s and I am just curious if anyone has ever used one or has an opinion on the old fanuc control on it (0T I believe)I'm just looking for a small machine for my home shop and maybe pick up a few side jobs if possible. I'm new to CNC lathes, but have experience on manual machines and haas controls. Appreciate the opinions and feed

Dan from Oakland

Titanium
3T controls are very basic but at the same time very solid. All the usual Fanuc canned cycles should be there, wear offsets, work offsets- just depends on how the MTB configured it.

RC Mech

Stainless
The iron is solid and well built. Control is decent, less user friendly than the Haas you’ve used but plenty powerful for a 2x lathe. No cheap buttons or beeps to feel like you’re programming a microwave.

I have a Takisawa TS15 w/Fanuc 6. Machine is seriously overbuilt for the swing/centre distance.

CITIZEN F16

Titanium
Great machines I have one with an OT, if you buy it I can give you a lead on the best place for board repair/exchange
at the quickest turn around and lowest prices I have found. The only problems I have had with mine are related to the crappy power I have here. What is the asking price?

CITIZEN F16

Titanium
The iron is solid and well built. Control is decent, less user friendly than the Haas you’ve used but plenty powerful for a 2x lathe. No cheap buttons or beeps to feel like you’re programming a microwave.

I have a Takisawa TS15 w/Fanuc 6. Machine is seriously overbuilt for the swing/centre distance.

I even filled the alarm speaker with silicone to shut it up, on mine.

boosted

Stainless
I also have a TS15 / Fanuc 6. Agreed that those things are tiny little tanks!

Too bad about the 6T though. Mine would get used a lot more if it was just a bit more modern. I have a pretty good system to get things setup quickly on the old controller, but nobody else has any interest in touching a lathe without work offsets.

CITIZEN F16

Titanium
I also have a TS15 / Fanuc 6. Agreed that those things are tiny little tanks!

Too bad about the 6T though. Mine would get used a lot more if it was just a bit more modern. I have a pretty good system to get things setup quickly on the old controller, but nobody else has any interest in touching a lathe without work offsets.

Try working on a Fanuc 3T without a CRT that has an LED with a half dozen or so digits, those were a blast.

CITIZEN F16

Titanium
^Like this one?

Fanuc 6TA off my old Mori Seiki. I'm spoiled now with the mis-aligned phosphorous CRT on the Takisawa :D

View attachment 345363

Yep, those were great fun. Programs loaded by tape reader, When I first got to run a machine that used RS-232 and had a CRT I thought I had died and went to heaven. I don't think any of the first machines I ever ran still survive.
Those were Citzen D10's the D series were hybrids between a cam Swiss and a CNC.

CITIZEN F16

Titanium
RC Mech, do you still have the machine in the picture? If so when was it born? That control panel looks in great shape.

RC Mech

Stainless
I sold the machine around 2016 or so, to another local shop I'm still in touch with. It was a 1980, around 42" centres. Was in really good shape- still in operation today.