What's new
What's new

OT:- 68,195,851 UK Covid-19 Survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the implementation by Southwest Airlines to mandate and complete vaccinations has caused chaos. There is a lawsuit and protests over it and likely employees are not responding well. I suppose that they are as much pushed around and degraded as we see being done here.

A fallacy is that people such as these are Trump cultists who like Trump deny the pandemic and are against vaccinations on any grounds. A straw man fallacy, a falsehood, and just basically it is what is desired and that is it serves the purpose of being a useful antagonist.

Just destabilizing the country for no good reason. This could go much smoother and could have begun much earlier. Except for one thing that for this to be a exceptional effort of the current admin surely the process must reflect their current anger and power mad control freak badge of honor. Screw it up royally and only then is it both an exceptional and competent process.

Southwest was sued over this effort a short while ago and protests by the Union has been ongoing. Now customers of Southwest get stranded and get to walk home. Sweet victory? NOT

Vaccine Mandates Spark Protests at American, Southwest Airlines

It seems that the implementation by Southwest Airlines to mandate and complete vaccinations has caused chaos. There is a lawsuit and protests over it and likely employees are not responding well. I suppose that they are as much pushed around and degraded as we see being done here.

A fallacy is that people such as these are Trump cultists who like Trump deny the pandemic and are against vaccinations on any grounds. A straw man fallacy, a falsehood, and just basically it is what is desired and that is it serves the purpose of being a useful antagonist.

Just destabilizing the country for no good reason. This could go much smoother and could have begun much earlier. Except for one thing that for this to be a exceptional effort of the current admin surely the process must reflect their current anger and power mad control freak badge of honor. Screw it up royally and only then is it both an exceptional and competent process.

Southwest was sued over this effort a short while ago and protests by the Union has been ongoing. Now customers of Southwest get stranded and get to walk home. Sweet victory? NOT

Vaccine Mandates Spark Protests at American, Southwest Airlines

Go back to my post #549 to see all of the reasons for the cancellations. You are cherry picking.

Go back to my post #549 to see all of the reasons for the cancellations. You are cherry picking.

Not really. This is the nature of all of our discussions and that is a point is made and it is minimized. If you read the article it explains part of the events transpiring. This situation is now being looked at in context which I provided in the article as this standoff has been happening and SW implementation has stalled many flights due to personnel issues. The tendency is to not discuss obvious problems as they effect actual lives of travelers.

It is completely valid to point out the problems. Today they are more openly discussing these factors. To disregard or ignore them is simply denial and omitting the complications. I said they should have started earlier for example.

It is obvious that hostility and anger are viewed as useful to the whole pressure campaign. I am just pointing out it being pointless. They set the schedule for mandating and they impacted their operations because they knew not cause and effect. That is their mistake not mine. Nitpicking is fine until in reality it cost a lot of money then it becomes significant.

The link you posted does not really explain what caused the cancellations. It explains a bit about actions the union has taken but does not explain the alleged weather or any alleged ATC issues.

The link you posted does not really explain what caused the cancellations. It explains a bit about actions the union has taken but does not explain the alleged weather or any alleged ATC issues.

It did mention there was a minor issue with ATC on Friday, causing two other airline carriers to drop 2% of their flights. SW cancelled about 30% of theirs through the weekend due to the inability to recover from the minor interruption, because of some labor problems with an undisclosed cause.

It did mention there was a minor issue with ATC on Friday, causing two other airline carriers to drop 2% of their flights. SW cancelled about 30% of theirs through the weekend due to the inability to recover from the minor interruption, because of some labor problems with an undisclosed cause.

Some labor problems with undisclosed causes...same article?

where is my popcorn emoji when I need it?

29 pages later and its the same thing lol, commies using "trump cult" as an insult without the ability to recognize even the most glaring and utter failures of the former Vice President, and some righties stooping to the same level of playground insults... seems like its tough for lots of people to think without attacking anyone who isn't as sold out to an ideology as they are. Anyways the proof is in the pudding, at least until Jabby Joey eats his dinner

where is my popcorn emoji when I need it?

29 pages later and its the same thing lol, commies using "trump cult" as an insult without the ability to recognize even the most glaring and utter failures of the former Vice President, and some righties stooping to the same level of playground insults... seems like its tough for lots of people to think without attacking anyone who isn't as sold out to an ideology as they are. Anyways the proof is in the pudding, at least until Jabby Joey eats his dinner

Shit posting threads on PM garner mega view counts--more so than threads pertaining to machining. Guess the site owner benefits.

I bet, I mean I have a dog in this race and all but its just funny to see people going round and round without going anywhere for weeks now.
Imagine if some HSM got this much response from his post on his new Mini Lathe

Gave up on THE WAR AGAINST COAL so now it's on to THE WAR AGAINST CHRISTMAS eh?

You guys should start your own forum, title: BIDEN SUCKS TRUMP'S GREAT and you could just migrate your whiny asses over there and have a big party.

"FUCK JOE BIDEN" but that already gets plenty of use.

political views
shit show
pathologically stupid
trump cult
Whoever had this post # in your pool just won a bag of box of dog shit.
shit show
I distinctly remember a certain one term president
Alternative facts and all.
trump the perpetual liar
truth is whatever they believe it to be.
Any facts they utter are usually by mistake
trump cult people
alternative facts
lies into truth
You trump cult members
your brain
I didn't expect you to understand that
Your imagination?
cult rallies
fox noise
cult leader
cult rally
trump cult
stolen election crowd
paid to troll
trump cult
food stamps
cult leader trump
trump cult members
conspiracy theory
fix stupid
trump cult peoples
cleansing of the human race
stupidity
trump cult members
Prison? Grave?
know the answer
Darwin's law
fox noise
republicans turn democratic
Getting under your snowflake skin
trump cult
knuckleheads
very stupid
trump cult
horse or sheep medicine
Darwin's law at work here
stupidity
one term president
shit show
enough sense
trump cult
world revolves around
think you know better
trump cult
shit show
alternative facts
trump cult
cult leader
your minds
cult leader
cult followers
you losers
lying cheating loser
stupid people
crazy lies
renders human brains useless
Not very smart
your imagination
crazy information
Keep dreaming though
fox noise viewers
unvacccingated people
chicken little
Suck it up buttercup
town drunk
trump cult
trump cult
shit show
anti-vaxers
death panel
The rational world is out there
My plan is working a treat
useless comments
CULT MEMBERS
obstinate child
Typical trump cult behavior
cult god trump
trump cult members
been here for a whole 5 months
children to yell at
Advirtising?
trump loves the uneducated.
OK genius
Maybe you should repeat third grade
trump CULT MEMBERS
I fixed it for you
put meet kettle
trump parrot
alex jones
your extreme bias
You're probably jealous
republitard
piece of shit
wannabe dictators
Qanon enthusiasts
anti-vax/mask
trump cult members
Stop deluding yourself
piece of garbage
cult members
trump cult members
fuck Joe Biden
go back to dogs
cult leader
Those imaginary people
Horse-paste
trump cult
your cult
You are such a dumbass
stupidity
shit show
stupidity knows
Don't these people have jobs?
Fuck trump
you are a liar
fantasist stuff
straight from Q
chemtrails
flat earth theories
neo nazi sympathies
kiddie adrenochrome
lunatic fringe
trump virus
anti hero
trump cult members
trump cult hillbillies took
trump cult
idiot redneck fucks
Fucking morons
How many of them do you have?
covid deniers?
tucker carlson wears boots?
traitor trump got
trump cult members
cult members
cult members
trump cult
republicons
brainwashing
right wing
Typical trump cult member
conspiracy theories
dream it up
cult members
cult members
cult members
Trump cult
Where are the sharpie marks?
Please do not confuse them with the facts.
whiny asses

attachment.php

Anyone else notice all the out of the blue insults come from left leaners around here? I even draw insults for being a Trump supporter, of which I am not.
I had noticed :D

Why the focus on the weather? The article I linked to said that was just one several problems that was plaguing SWA.

The article you linked was fairly accurate as a basic overview of the impact of vax mandates on airline ops.

For an extremely good explanation what is going on and the complexities of crews/airline ops check out the link below. The man is a current pilot with a major airline and is highly regarded in aviation circles.

SWA Meltdown and the Federal Vaccine Mandate 11 Oct 2021 - YouTube

How's the weather today?
Is it still ONLY stopping SWA flights?
:rolleyes5:

My wife and I flew to Vegas yesterday and the Southwest ticket counter was right next to our counter. Nobody in line at all but the next flight wasn't for a few hours so that probably makes sense.

Why the focus on the weather? The article I linked to said that was just one several problems that was plaguing SWA.

When you have a flight yanked like a rug out from under you and you get stranded then if it is due to weather being bad then they are not required to pay for your room.

My wife and I flew to Vegas yesterday and the Southwest ticket counter was right next to our counter. Nobody in line at all but the next flight wasn't for a few hours so that probably makes sense.

Certainly a reasoned choice on behalf of Southwest in that this is a market that is high priority value. They have in essence bungled the mandate and it is likely as simple as how the mandate was handled. For example these people provide a valuable service both Airline and the people who work for Southwest. So they are opposed in their efforts. It is not like these employees are the Devil for their viewpoints. They have been working all of this time.

Is there evidence that they are spreading the virus? Sort of hard to prove and if they perhaps have should they for example thrown into jail for a few months?

Why not? Doctors are claiming they will not help those who will not vax while they will help any manner of social deviate besides these objectors. Some of them refuse based on religious grounds. Why should they be persecuted for their views?

In regard to Southwest is it the case that the Airline was extremely hostile to their own employees those who they earlier supported as braving the fact that they accepted the status of preventative measures implemented across the industry.

Too even flights to Europe and from in addition to wherever has protocol for dealing with the virus. So finally the government gets tough with its own employees and the private sector is expected to follow 100 employees and up. That leaves a lot unvaxed.

Meanwhile numbers of infections are going down and so the vaccines and other measures are progressing as we see sad cases where many continue to be infected.

The measures have had what effect they have had and too the virus is doing what the virus does and that is fortunately slowing.

If Southwest took to the hostile and degrading methods you all have promoted then it is no surprise that there will be conflict. These are Americans after all and Americans do not respond well to heavy handed methods which are degrading and tyrannical.

This fits in to the Covid discussion much better than the discussion in the other thread.

Too it is relevant how things such as these are tied in. It is a administration in the White House which has bungled largely our withdrawal from Afganistan. It could have been done differently. If not they should have negotiated a extension with the Taliban. They can not acknowledge the truth and it is a recurring problem. Just take only one issue of many and it ties in well to prove the admin is highly ineffective and is angry about it.

They can not seem to do things properly. Their best and brightest have become total incompetents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back