What's new
What's new

OT: Aerodark's final request

Condolences from Sweden. Never had anything to do with your father, but I remember his nickname. What has happened here, on this site, is one of the reasons I, as a amateur, still frequent it.
My sincere wishes for a positive outcome of this for you and your family.
Kjelle
Kjelle,

To say that I am blown away by the responses I’ve gotten would be an understatement. This page has shown me that kindness still exists!

I appreciate your words and sympathies ❤️

I'm saddened by your loss, and the loss of Aerodark's posts on this forum. I was the recipient of some of his generosity in the form of a Walker magnetic chuck that was sort of broken, which he offered on this forum for the cost of shipping. I jumped at the opportunity, received the chuck, spent some time doing some rebuilding, made a few parts, bought a few parts, wrote up a saga with photos about it, and ended up with a nicely-working mag chuck for my occasional forays into surface grinding. Every time I look at the grinder now I'll be thinking of Mark.
This makes me smile 🥰 I love that you had such a wonderful interaction with my Dad. He truly loved his trade and being a part of this community meant so much to him!

Melissa I am sorry for your loss. I wish I had got to meet him. guys like that are rare. I would say to you keep all the writings that you have written here and there responses. Believe me they will make you smile when you need it. We all handle loss the more love the harder the loss but also the memory’s to fall back on.
Boyd
Boyd,

I love that idea! The responses here have brought many happy tears and smiles already. I’m so grateful for you all!

I'm sorry for your loss.
I've always told my wife and kids that when I go, to come onto this site and recruit help getting rid of my machines.
Matt,

My Dad mentioned Practical Machinist many, many times over the years. I had the idea to post here one night and I’m so glad I did! Thank you for your condolences ❤️

Melissa,
I am very sorry for your loss.
I met your dad several times and I always enjoyed our conversations about machining and his stories of the trade.
Over the years he sold me a number of tools and measuring gear which I use on an almost daily basis, and I enjoy knowing where they came from and how well they had been taken care of.
Your father was a pro, he only bought the best tools, knew how to use them, and made sure they stayed in top shape.
When he was moving to Utah I went out to his house and bought a few last things and he generously gave me a bunch of stuff that he did not think he would need. I had not heard from him in quite a while, so I was very sad to see your post.
Bow is not that far from here, and if/when you are ready to part with some of his tools I would love to come up and take a look.

Josh

Back