What's new
What's new

OT Another Super Duty Thread

Thanks all for the advice. I’m on the hunt for a new cab for the white truck. Whether I wind up cutting and patching or just swapping cabs, no matter what I need to find another cab... so that’s my hunt for the immediate future.

Those plans also mean that the brown F250 will stay unmolested. Aside from taking the other suggestions about some new wheels and tires:
e2974d8e9ddeecb7c4d0ee0580a7e94a.jpg

a3804cc3018b9914d8422744e7ace915.jpg

8af87b960099bd450b922f8e0e2e02df.jpg

c943c3ea9deff87dc26ad0d0feb6aaae.jpg

I had these from another project. The tires are E-rated, sized appropriately and in FAR better shape than the mismatched May-pops that were on the 250.

Too often I can’t leave well enough alone, I’m gonna do my best with the brown truck... the white 350 is gonna be a FrankenTruck no matter what, so I’ll get my opportunity to play around and change stuff there.

Be safe

Jeremy

I have to hijack this superduty thread, since it's ford related.

Have any of you seen the new electric mustang? Not even a mustang, it looks like an SUV.. WTF are they thinking over at ford... Oh, wait, they are not thinking.

New trucks / cars can't be repaired by the common man without a computer.
to replace many parts you need to attach the computer to register them with the cars computer.

Now they take a sports car, and make it an suv and name it the same as the sports car....

not the common mans company anymore.

not the common mans company anymore.

I never understood why they thought a guy who sold office furniture was a good choice to run the company. WTF?

When fixing the cab of the white truck, be careful about reestablishing rustproofing on the inner surface of the door and structure if you're cutting and welding, the GF will be very unhappy to find rust bubbles within a year or two.

Thanks all for the advice. I’m on the hunt for a new cab for the white truck. Whether I wind up cutting and patching or just swapping cabs, no matter what I need to find another cab... so that’s my hunt for the immediate future.

Those plans also mean that the brown F250 will stay unmolested. Aside from taking the other suggestions about some new wheels and tires:
e2974d8e9ddeecb7c4d0ee0580a7e94a.jpg

a3804cc3018b9914d8422744e7ace915.jpg

8af87b960099bd450b922f8e0e2e02df.jpg

c943c3ea9deff87dc26ad0d0feb6aaae.jpg

I had these from another project. The tires are E-rated, sized appropriately and in FAR better shape than the mismatched May-pops that were on the 250.

Too often I can’t leave well enough alone, I’m gonna do my best with the brown truck... the white 350 is gonna be a FrankenTruck no matter what, so I’ll get my opportunity to play around and change stuff there.

Be safe

Jeremy

Good move on the tires and rims, truck looks good for its age. Has to be over 25 years old, correct? Looks exactly like one my first employee had.

Its a pretty good amount of work to change the cab and requires fucking with things that don't like fucking with (dash etc). Welding in patches would be much simpler.

Also a come along and some body shims would have that drivable in the meantime.

Yea, I like it too, looks like an 8 foot bed, can't stand those 6 foot beds, what am I going to haul with only 6'
can't get plywood/sheetrock in there, it has to be raised on the tailgate.

Its a pretty good amount of work to change the cab and requires fucking with things that don't like fucking with (dash etc). Welding in patches would be much simpler.

Also a come along and some body shims would have that drivable in the meantime.

I would assume just keeping the entire new cab intact. I'd assume it would come
complete. The problem is finding one. It has to come from a junked vehicle.

One that has only been rear ended? But its a pickup cab, easy to fix a rear-ended
pick up.

Blown motor maybe? Maybe?

Or its rusted to hell and on the way to the junk yard for that reason.

So you're kind of limited to a running truck. If it was a standard cab,
you could get a 2wd short bed, with a straight six and a 3 on the tree
for nothing (I know.. this is little newer than that, but you know what
I mean).

Then again. He found a good truck at a good price, just have to find
one that he's willing to sacrifice.

I'd be scouring Cragslist in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. Amazing
how the desert preserves vehicles. My 23 year old truck still has
most of the paint on the frame rails and the factory exhaust, even though it
lived its first 3 years in New England. Granted the dash will be cracked
to shit, and every piece of rubber will be hard as a rock, but the sheet
metal will be BEAUTIFUL!! And the bolts won't be rusted.

Possibly because there are parts of the world that arent entombed in snow and ice eight months of the year.......parts where the sun always shines on 2 wd pickups and front drive is just more parts to wear out.............the sill and pillar repair isnt difficult,and another door from the wreckers,good as new.
All it takes is a trip to the materials (soil/rock/mulch) yard with a trailer after a little rain and then your 2wd is being drug out by the loader...

All it takes is a trip to the materials (soil/rock/mulch) yard with a trailer after a little rain and then your 2wd is being drug out by the loader...

Only if you don't know how to drive. I lived for years in Minnesota with a 2wd pick up and still drive a 2wd in Ohio, no problem. I drive into Columbus daily down Rt 33, a little snow and the ditches look like a scrap yard full of 4wd cars and trucks whose drivers are a bit short on talent. I have been driving that road for 25 years in a 2wd standard cab 8' bed truck and have had no problem yet.

If you were cited then you are most likely at fault...unless other driver also cited.

If photo was of landing, it looks like you were driving along the roadway maybe merging into left turn land.

Other car like like it may have came across the opposite direction traveling lanes into the same left turn land where they struck you and your vehicle movement and mass just turned his to same direction.

The corner of their car indicates their angle, they t-boned you at an angle, you did not side-swipe a parallel vehicle in the turn lane.

If that was it you should be fine as you were through traffic and they were merging traffic and you had right of way.

If he stated race or other influence then get it documented and witness too.

Your insurance company has their own investigators, when folks have a TC and just exchange data the insurance folks determine fault and it may be in your favor.

Nothing to loose but your time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would assume just keeping the entire new cab intact. I'd assume it would come
complete. The problem is finding one. It has to come from a junked vehicle.

One that has only been rear ended? But its a pickup cab, easy to fix a rear-ended
pick up.

Blown motor maybe? Maybe?

Or its rusted to hell and on the way to the junk yard for that reason.

So you're kind of limited to a running truck. If it was a standard cab,
you could get a 2wd short bed, with a straight six and a 3 on the tree
for nothing (I know.. this is little newer than that, but you know what
I mean).

Then again. He found a good truck at a good price, just have to find
one that he's willing to sacrifice.

I'd be scouring Cragslist in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. Amazing
how the desert preserves vehicles. My 23 year old truck still has
most of the paint on the frame rails and the factory exhaust, even though it
lived its first 3 years in New England. Granted the dash will be cracked
to shit, and every piece of rubber will be hard as a rock, but the sheet
metal will be BEAUTIFUL!! And the bolts won't be rusted.

Assuming you found a cab the same color also from a diesel. There's still a lot of components that go through the fire wall that are best left undisturbed.

Back