What's new
What's new

OT-Any USA made 1" ratchet straps??

challenger

Stainless
Being a beekeeper I use a fair number of ratchet straps. I am trying to see if I can find some USA made 1" straps with the hooks in the 10-12' range. I looked online and saw a single seller but I was not convinced these are indeed USA made.
Thanks
Howard

i would agree that ancra would be the first place that I would try. They have for years supplied straps to thr U.S air force. I have in the past bought straps direct from them and the cost was reasonable . it took several phone calls to find the right person to talk to and they did have a min sale amount . I seem to remember the minimum purchase was around $250 to $300. I think the part of the problem is that most industreal users of straps would use a strap bigger then 1" . Most makers of 1" straps would not be aiming at the industreal use market

I called a few companies mentioned here and for the 1"-1 1/2" sizes they do not offer USA made. So sad and frustrating. To my feeble/non economist mind it just does not man sense that we, as a Country, cannot manufacture run of the mill products economically. Given the economy I am certain there are a number of industries that wish they never outsourced the products that they once made in the States. I image there are people with new attitudes that would work for a wage more
reasonable than those set by unions in years past. Now we are stuck giving $ to countries that hate the USA, treat their people like walking feces and manufacture products that are merely adequate at best but more often disposable on average. I'll pay more for USA made IF I can even find it. This is just unimaginable to me and at "only" 55 I can't pretend to be able to feel what the older folks that really made this Country great must feel and how their pride and honor have been trampled by powerful people with misplaced values.

I called a few companies mentioned here and for the 1"-1 1/2" sizes they do not offer USA made. So sad and frustrating. To my feeble/non economist mind it just does not man sense that we, as a Country, cannot manufacture run of the mill products economically. Given the economy I am certain there are a number of industries that wish they never outsourced the products that they once made in the States. I image there are people with new attitudes that would work for a wage more
reasonable than those set by unions in years past. Now we are stuck giving $ to countries that hate the USA, treat their people like walking feces and manufacture products that are merely adequate at best but more often disposable on average. I'll pay more for USA made IF I can even find it. This is just unimaginable to me and at "only" 55 I can't pretend to be able to feel what the older folks that really made this Country great must feel and how their pride and honor have been trampled by powerful people with misplaced values.

I'm a few years younger than you but I too find it depressing (and inexplicable) as all get out. I wouldn't think it even a matter of labor costs as something like this is almost completely machine-made. A machine to weave and cut the nylon straps and another couple to punch out and bend some metal flats. We somehow can't do THAT here any more? It's still cheaper to have someone make it overseas and pay to ship it back to the U.S.? I'm not in manufacturing but I do own a couple of businesses and am aware of the costs and processes but I STILL don't quite get it.

Very depressing,

-Ron

Check out these guys:

https://www.strapworks.com/Articles.asp?ID=116

In the FAQ section, they say that they try to use USA made materials, but do use foreign components. They say that they don't have "stock" items, but their stuff is made to order. They look like a integrator of webbing and hardware. Either way, they say that they can tell you the country of origin of their materials.

Also, Bob and Bob caving sells 1" webbing. They deal with cavers (spelunkers). I'd imagine they'd tell you where their webbing is produced.

Bob & Bob; Caving Supplies

I've never dealt with strapworks, just found them searching for USA made webbing. I haven't dealt with Bob and Bob in forever, but I have purchased from them at one time. I remember PMI rope being domestic back then. I think the webbing was also, but a lot has changed in the past 10-15 years.

I too imagine that there is domesting webbing. Not as sure about the ratchet hardware.

Try Snappin Turtle in Hatfield Pa. A rep claimed they were domestic but I would verify.

Obama has saddled the country with a yearly cost of $46 billion a year in new regulations. Certainly this has an impact on domestic manufacturing. Actually I would not fault anyone for moving their business out of this country. We have voted that we do not want manufacturing in the US anymore.

I thought this would get here. Actually I thought I would get booted from this forum for stirring this pot. Hopefully the cyber gods will allow me to continue briefly.
I am a registered independent because there is no party conservative or honest enough for me to hitch my wagon to. One day the term, "politician", when googled, will some up with several other terms that mean the same thing but which are also terms that no one would want to be called.
I certainly cannot hang with the current being in office but I've not seen anything else to give him any competition whatsoever. I am sure someone with a less damaged brain can set me straight on the genesis of our manufacturing industries (and other for that matter) going to china but I think I remember at least one major "deal" that algore struck with these vermin prior to inventing the interweb.
I must admit, and please feel free to set me straight if I am wrong, that I am anti-union. I know human nature fairly well and the path of least resistance is the one most take so I cannot fault the workers residing at the end of the union food chain but how were these people going to expect to continue making the money they were and or do while the real value of the product or service they produce is far below what has to be charged just to feed the union machine. I think the proof is in the pudding in the decline of union labor and the worker is left holding the sack (yes - I said sack) as the wigs keep on rolling all the way up to DC where some of the most corrupt union deal making power brokers have taken up residency. The politician, IMO, will say and do anything to feed his or her ego and "advance" his or her "agenda". Agenda my a$$. There is no nobility in what these sick bastards are trying to do. They will have us believe they are working for some social justice and that they are going to make things right when anyone (other than the general voting population) can see that are just ego maniacs with NO moral compass and NO sense of what is truly meaningful in life.
That being said I try to control what is between the walls of my home and raise my children to be respectful, giving, honest, considerate and RESPONSIBLE people that will add to the overall integrity of our Country and not look for any type of handout that will erode their sense of self worth. In other words don't take the easy way if the hard way gets you to the same place with the priceless addition of a life lesson. Nothing worth having comes easy is what I tell my 3 kids and the more you struggle to attain your goals the more you will be blessed in future challenges.

Obama has saddled the country with a yearly cost of $46 billion a year in new regulations. Certainly this has an impact on domestic manufacturing. Actually I would not fault anyone for moving their business out of this country. We have voted that we do not want manufacturing in the US anymore.

"This is just unimaginable to me and at "only" 55 I can't pretend to be able to feel what the older folks that really made this Country great must feel and how their pride and honor have been trampled by powerful people with MBA degrees."

Don't kid yourself - the 'old' people were at the forefront of the pack. The issues of today were germinated long ago by the corporate and personal greed that sprang to life in the 60's and beyond. By the 80's a lot of manufacturing was being sent offshore - and those decisions were not being made by 12 year olds.

I cannot subscribe to the notion that it was personal and corporate greed that killed manufacturing. Greed is just a derogatory word for profit motive, and EVERYONE has profit motive first and foremost in their mind in whatever they do. If you ever wanted a raise in pay or a promotion, you did it because of profit motive, or should I say "personal greed".

The story of an established manufacturing plant struggling to maintain profitability only to finally give up the ghost has been repeated so many times that it cannot all be ascribed to greed. These people wanted to see their companies survive and thrive, but just could not make that happen in a country where labor, materials and regulatory costs continued to rise, and the prices for their competitors products continued to fall. At some point when the cost to make the widget exceeds the money you get for the widget, its game over. If you were a stockholder of one of these companies, what decision would you want the management to make? You could either slug it out the way you have been and fail in a year or so of red ink, destroying shareholder value in the process, or you could try to follow the rest of the pack and relocate your manufacturing operations to a place where you may have a chance of becoming profitable again, thus salvaging some shareholder value. Those were the options. Pick one.

But it is fashionable to scapegoat faceless, nameless rich people as the root cause of all that ails us, perhaps not realizing that our own retirement funds may depend upon those rich people doing everything it takes to keep their companies profitable. So on one hand some may lambaste "the rich" for doing what on the other hand you are demanding that they do!

I hope I didn't come across as blaming "the rich" I Capitalism is just one characteristic that, I think, fueled the engine that made this Country the best. Actually perhaps it is the ablility for anyone that lives here to participate in capitalism that really sets the USA apart? Nowhere else can a person more easily achieve their loftiest goals than right here.
Of course humans being what we are can and will attempt to grease the path to "success" by employing methods that make others suffer as they move forward in their personal quest. This, to me, is where the complicated gets simple. Do whatever you can or want to do to make yourself a "success", however that word is defined by each person BUT once you exploit, abuse or, in some other way, tamper with another persons life then you are nothing more than a weak link in the human race and a punk as well. Its so easy to paint the issues that are running roughshod over America every shade of gray so people people are confused to the point that they don't feel as if there is a way they can help right the ship but it is a brainwashing of our society that makes so many see these "gray areas". There is no such thing and I maintain cannot be such things as gray areas when it comes to anything. There is right & wrong, black & white etc. Anything other is ignorance or excuses. Every problem has a cause and a solution. When it is said that there is a gray area as it pertains to a problem it is nearly stating that the problem isn't being dealt with head on and in a responsible manner. So damned simple. Take care of the problem. Do the damned job and make room for the next one. Simple until it involves people with bent and evil minds

Back