What's new
What's new

OT: Empwoer, please give us an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straightedge

Hot Rolled
Empwoer, a few weeks ago you were headed to Ukraine via Poland to take up the fight. Please give us a report on how you're doing, what you're seeing, and your current perspective on the overall situation from where you stand.

thanks for checking in!

my first priority was to make sure my GF and her roommate were safe. unfortunately i wasnt able to bring them here like i was hoping. shame on me for believing a single word out of the current administration's mouth... there is NO refugee program like both psaki and biden said there would be, and no signs of one coming. lying sacks of SHIT!

found an apartment for my GF, and we were able to take in a few more refugees with children. as well as i provided some assistance to refugees i met there. i wasnt able to get into ukraine, nor am i really in the best position to be of much assistance in the fight. i just got back a few days ago and am putting together shipments of clothes/shoes and neccessities to the people in need.
i am in daily communication with friends and family still in ukraine, and they are putting up a HELL of a fight, i do not see putin achieving a military victory there.

Thanks for getting back. First off, it's good to hear you and the ones you care about are ok. They say the first casualty of war is truth and that seems to be true now as ever. Since you're out of harm's way at least for now, it'd be great if you could share snippets of what you're picking up from people still in the country from time to time.

Good work! The Biden administration is making us a laughingstock. I don't see how anyone supports our military inaction. Notice that Putin didn't pull this crap on Trump's watch. If we had a swift show of force Putin would have backed off.

I guess Biden's motto is "I would rather live on my knees than die on my feet."

thanks for checking in!

my first priority was to make sure my GF and her roommate were safe. unfortunately i wasnt able to bring them here like i was hoping. shame on me for believing a single word out of the current administration's mouth... there is NO refugee program like both psaki and biden said there would be, and no signs of one coming. lying sacks of SHIT!

found an apartment for my GF, and we were able to take in a few more refugees with children. as well as i provided some assistance to refugees i met there. i wasnt able to get into ukraine, nor am i really in the best position to be of much assistance in the fight. i just got back a few days ago and am putting together shipments of clothes/shoes and neccessities to the people in need.
i am in daily communication with friends and family still in ukraine, and they are putting up a HELL of a fight, i do not see putin achieving a military victory there.

I'm glad to hear she is safe. I had hoped the refugee program would've been the one thing they weren't lying about. I'm sorry to hear that.

Good work! The Biden administration is making us a laughingstock. I don't see how anyone supports our military inaction. Notice that Putin didn't pull this crap on Trump's watch. If we had a swift show of force Putin would have backed off.

I guess Biden's motto is "I would rather live on my knees than die on my feet."

Could we, at least in this thread, shut up about the failures in politics and just concentrate on the people involved?

Thanks for getting back. First off, it's good to hear you and the ones you care about are ok. They say the first casualty of war is truth and that seems to be true now as ever. Since you're out of harm's way at least for now, it'd be great if you could share snippets of what you're picking up from people still in the country from time to time.

the russians continue to shell cities. they've hit hospitals, nursing homes, schools. lots of civilian casualties all over :(
our boys are doing a great job holding them back considering the sheer numbers coming at them, but the losses are still staggering especially on the civilian side.
i really dont give a shit about propaganda from either side, the biggest thing that tears me up is seeing women and children obliterated. i was of the opinion that we shouldnt get directly involved before, but now i wish we did. if the current condition of the russian army and equipment is any indication of his nuclear arsenal, we could EASILY wipe out their military infrastructure without much loss.

Could we, at least in this thread, shut up about the failures in politics and just concentrate on the people involved?

if trump was the one lying about a refugee program just like psaki/biden are, i'd be just as vocal against him. this shouldnt be a left or right thing. should be a matter of helping people without homes. especially when there are people like me who are capable of taking someone in and providing them, so that there is no burden on the welfare system etc. just give me permission to bring them here, i'll take care of my gf and her friend! as well as lots of my family/friends would do the same.

both sides suck big fat cock as far as i'm concerned.

Ok with me Milland.

E.

Glad you are doing as well as you can be doing. I pm’ed you before I noticed your reply.

Thanks for checking in and keep us updated it will be a positive distraction.

Milland;

Yet he is the one relating his viewpoint and experience. It is not picking a fight it is explaining his experience. If there is no way to get her here through a refugee program here then that is not political.

That is his experience. I think it is good to suggest a reasonable thread. Good on you.

You could take your own advice. . . and start your own thread labeled as such.
For the rest of us, what is war other than 'failures in politics'??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are there any organizations on the ground there that you see doing good work that would be good to donate too?

Are there any organizations on the ground there that you see doing good work that would be good to donate too?

world central kitchen is on the ground in 5 countries surrounding ukraine, as well as ukraine, cooking hot meals for refugees as well as fighters.
thats the first one that comes to mind. i'll have to go through and make a list of ones that i know. i'll post it up after work.

thanks for checking in!

Do not write it off just yet, Immigration is a thorny issue and it will take time to make accommodations for Ukrainians settling in the US. I would not think that a full plan was not prepared out cruelty, I think there is a political calculation going on impacting the white house decisions. Not dissimilar from any Washington nonsense. If there is public pressure on accepting Ukrainian refugees it will happen faster. I would think a grass-roots effort is needed. People need to start pestering their representatives

Do not write it off just yet, Immigration is a thorny issue and it will take time to make accommodations for Ukrainians settling in the US. I would not think that a full plan was not prepared out cruelty, I think there is a political calculation going on impacting the white house decisions. Not dissimilar from any Washington nonsense. If there is public pressure on accepting Ukrainian refugees it will happen faster. I would think a grass-roots effort is needed. People need to start pestering their representatives

didnt they put together a program for the afghans pretty quick after we pulled out?
canada already has something in place, i'm still holding out for a tiny bit of hope, but wouldnt surprise me if they dont do jack shit. i've come to expect nothing out of politicians, ESPECIALLY on the left.

Sorry there is no room here for anti-communists. Only those that will reliably vote democrat will be settled in swing districts. Apologies for saying the quiet part out loud.
Risk your life on a home built raft to make the 90 mile voyage from Havana to escape the commies, and you'll be turned back. (or be made PM of canada, but that's another story).
But if the narco terrorists working with the CIA haul you from central America... into Oklahoma and Florida you go!!!

I just heard that Zelensky made some comments indicating that he is rethinking joining NATO, which was Putin's major demand. The others were autonomy for the breakaway regions and Crimea being part of Russia. If they can work things out this may soon end.

didnt they put together a program for the afghans pretty quick after we pulled out?
canada already has something in place, i'm still holding out for a tiny bit of hope, but wouldnt surprise me if they dont do jack shit. i've come to expect nothing out of politicians, ESPECIALLY on the left.

Joe Biden unfortunately is more spineless than Jimmy Carter, he is an embarrassment to us all. The cheapest and best response to the Russian advance into Ukraine would be a show of force. Look at how bungled the Russian invasion is to this point. By playing the wimp card of economic sanctions, we all will suffer from skyrocketing gas prices, aluminum, tool steel, and anything Russia exports in bulk. Let alone the poor helpless citizens of Ukraine that have to flee their homes. Lets go Brandon! I thought we are the world's military power, I guess not with Brandon in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back