What's new
What's new

ot help to id make of napa air compressor pump

1yesca

Stainless
one of the shops that i go to has this napa iron man 10 hp two stage compressor date on tank is 1991 it has been in this state of

disrepair for over 20 years the org. owner of the shop is long gone [dead]and the now owner [last 10 years ] has no info on it [there

are other compressor that supply air]but would like to have it as a back up .so the question is can any body tell me who made the pump

and a mod. no. as i can find no markings on it as you can see one of the heads has been removed [was like that ] and the valves are

gone . i did a quick bead blast to get the rust off of it . that pipe in the oil fill looks suspect like as in blow by . it has power

to and i have powered it up it turns over with out any extra noise [like a rod or piston trying to get out] thanks for any help

.003.jpg002.jpg001.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

There aught to be a number stamped on the pump somewhere. I've seen the number almost completely filled with paint, too, so you need to be kind of through when looking for it. Should be on the block.

The marking probably won't tell you the maker, just replacement part # for the pump.

My Speedaire has a sheet metal tag on the left side of the block.

I think my Rolair has it on the front, bottom, right.

There aught to be a number stamped on the pump somewhere. I've seen the number almost completely filled with paint, too, so you need to be kind of through when looking for it. Should be on the block.

The marking probably won't tell you the maker, just replacement part # for the pump.

My Speedaire has a sheet metal tag on the left side of the block.

I think my Rolair has it on the front, bottom, right.

thanks for that info i will do some looking

thanks for that info i will do some looking

Hopefully it helps. Hopefully the rebuild kit isn't too expensive.

I ran my Rolair yesterday and found out rain water got in the oil (through the hole for the bolt that holds the air filter cover on). It's still working (knock on wood) but I checked the price of new rings and they were like $50. Cheap for Rolair. I think for my Speedaire, the ring kit is more like $200 for the kit, but that pump isn't made any more, I think the Rolair is still being made.

Back