What's new
What's new

OT - Mild rant about the price of used cars, and where to even find them?

What are they paying for scrap in Wiscansin? I checked prices in Vegas and SLC a few days ago, best price I could find was $240 a ton/ 11 cents a pound, which would just cover my fuel costs there and back.

There are people claiming $500 a ton, they must be keeping it a secret. Places around me don't list prices, You have to call or e-mail. If you Google around that $240 is about it. I think it could be the guys getting the prices way over listed are regulars with large hauls.

What are they paying for scrap in Wiscansin? I checked prices in Vegas and SLC a few days ago, best price I could find was $240 a ton/ 11 cents a pound, which would just cover my fuel costs there and back.

Will have to check Monday. The one yard put up one of those digital billboards with pricing on what they need the most.

Some things about scrapping are interesting. So much goes to scrap that is perfectly usable but now-a-days everything is throw away. Am guessing the supply of older manual machine tools will get a lot smaller due to scrap prices but also because shipping is going to get very pricey.

Will have to check Monday. The one yard put up one of those digital billboards with pricing on what they need the most.

Some things about scrapping are interesting. So much goes to scrap that is perfectly usable but now-a-days everything is throw away. Am guessing the supply of older manual machine tools will get a lot smaller due to scrap prices but also because shipping is going to get very pricey.

Today 3/13/22 steel scrap, no premium, nothing special. $305.00 ton. Get the "coupon" take it to the onsite ATM and cash out.

There are people claiming $500 a ton, they must be keeping it a secret. Places around me don't list prices, You have to call or e-mail. If you Google around that $240 is about it. I think it could be the guys getting the prices way over listed are regulars with large hauls.

Or people trying to price items higher than scrap.....

you are certainly the minority.

Damn STRAIGHT skippy. I think trump was a traitor and all his asshole repub buddies who visited russia, likewise. I think putin's a KGB thug and I think presidents have no control on how much profit oil companies can squeeze out of suckers.

Aware this puts me at variance with the standard model around here. Duh.

you are certainly the minority.

Damn STRAIGHT skippy. I think trump was a traitor and all his asshole repub buddies who visited russia, likewise. I think putin's a KGB thug and I think presidents have no control on how much profit oil companies can squeeze out of suckers.

Aware this puts me at variance with the standard model around here. Duh.

Your post comes at no surprise. The blame game will ramp up and Biden's own people and the Democrat party will throw him under the bus if need be. Let's face it---Joey is prime for getting the 25th amendment treatment, same as Dems attempted to do with Trump--only difference is Biden's brain is obviously of diminished capacity. So in a way Democrats created a temple on how to fuck with a President who they feel impedes their agenda. Not only do American politicians know it, but foreign politicians are giving Joey a real stress test.

As far as who is a traitor and so forth and so on----Then it's up to gov't to file charges and prosecute the offense in a court of law. Sworn testimony in open proceedings and all that--but we know the Dems won't take it to that level.

In the meantime---most will see the price at the pumps, see the total on their grocery bill, and the majority certainly won't be blaming Trump. They will simply think or say---Fuck Joe Biden.

Have a great day---

If you dont mind dents and stuff i have had good luck buying form places like copart which is an insurance auction site. places like that. Of course you may get a lemon that is not just a high mile fenderbender total out. Cant really look at it and cant test drive it usuallythe battery terminals are snipped when it was towed. But about 60-70 cents on the dollarut have to remember that fees usually are about 25% of whatever you bid by the time its loaded on your trailer

I leave yall alone for one day and this is what I come back to, lol.

I've sifted through the ramblings, thank you all who've given suggestions and tips! I'll definitely check out the websites listed, and put in a little more research as well to make sure we know what we want.

I leave yall alone for one day and this is what I come back to, lol.

I've sifted through the ramblings, thank you all who've given suggestions and tips! I'll definitely check out the websites listed, and put in a little more research as well to make sure we know what we want.

*Golf clap* Good sport. We need more of this around here. Good attitude, spunky, tough. Carry on. :D

Although you say you can't say the n word anymore, I'm sure it's still coursing threw your veins .

I would venture to guess when you see a black person or other minority around you, you don't see them as another human being, but as 'another goddam n*****' or 'another goddam spic' etc etc.

At least you don't try and hide your lack of humanity, I'll give you that.

Calling someone a "niggard" has nothing to do with them being black. It has everything to do with being incredibly cheap.

Here's an example sentence: "The niggardly machinist was too tight-fisted to buy a dictionary that could have kept him from making a fool of himself."

The word you're thinking might sound similar but the etymology of "niggardly" has nothing to do with skin color.

Calling someone a "niggard" has nothing to do with them being black. It has everything to do with being incredibly cheap.

Here's an example sentence: "The niggardly machinist was too tight-fisted to buy a dictionary that could have kept him from making a fool of himself."

The word you're thinking might sound similar but the etymology of "niggardly" has nothing to do with skin color.

Etymology says... You are correct. Those words are totally unrelated. Niggard and niggardly are descended from the word niggle.

I don't remember Ron Lyle...but boy could he give and take a punch!

The 70's were by far the best decade for heavyweight boxing by a country mile. You also got to watch all the big fights on free broadcast TV. Those were the days.

It's a little like asking ' where can I get 2019 price on gasoline, food, and metals in 2022? The simple fact is our current administration overshot all expectations and our economy is so healthy, as a result, that record high inflation has taken deep root. A good parallel is to look at other thriving countries - like Venezuela - who have staggering inflation. The two go hand in hand. It's just the price we all pay for building back just not better, but too gooder.

I'd suggest looking within the LGBTQ culture. There are (from what I am told) vendors and businesses who are run by LGBTQ-friendly people that will give you a better deal once they learn that you area part of the community. In the olden days, this was done in a similar fashion amongst white people....while the posted price for a round of golf was $100, once the golf pro saw you were white, he'd ring you up at $25 and let the tinted people pay full price. But we learned it was wrong to qualify people based on their white skin color, so now we only use meaningful criteria such as being non-white, homosexual, a good dancer, or just plain being liberal.

Wow. That didn't take long. Already gone political by the 3rd post. Please note that it wasn't me who did that.

I can't recall ever hearing either of those words.

Here's a definition for you:

Etymology is the study of the history of how words were written, and how their spelling and form changed over time. So the etymology of a word means its origin and development throughout history.

Niggard has already been defined, but that is a stingy or ungenerous person.

There are many words the average person hasn't heard of in every language. I see new ones all the time looking through the dictionary or reading books.

Back