What's new
What's new

OT: MIlly and EG banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a sticky last week that has since vanished, talking about an infraction scale being implemented.
1st infraction - short ban, 2nd - longer ban, 3rd - permanent ban.

My infraction only came with a warning, as I think was the case with all of the first rounds of them. Big B had a timeout before the first round of infractions was handed out. So he has an infraction and is on timeout #2 if my memory serves me right. So I would think he could be getting more than his previous week off, I would assume a week off is what EG and Millie got. Out of the 3 in the penalty box only one never contributes knowledge and we all know who that is. Do note they all have similar political leanings and are in the minority here.

Just so the folks that run the board know, I don't agree with banning members apart from actual threats. If I don't like a viewpoint, I just block that member's posts.

Just so the folks that run the board know, I don't agree with banning members apart from actual threats. If I don't like a viewpoint, I just block that member's posts.

I tried that for a week, but everyone kept quoting Big B's nasty insults, so it was almost like the ignore function was useless.

Just so the folks that run the board know, I don't agree with banning members apart from actual threats........

They didn't "get banned", they "earned being banned" by hard diligent work at being jackasses. No offense meant to small male donkeys.

Steve

Rather too bad that some cannot keep the inflammatory rhetoric from their replies. I didn't always agree with or care for the political opinions from the four but three did have some informative contributions now and then. The wording designed to irritate and the insults were above and beyond what was called for on a board for machining.

I agree that the larger problems with our society and world at large need discussion/involvement by everybody but that's clearly not going to be accomplished in a civil manner. We all have a common denominator and connection just by being here yet we can't seem to behave in a respectful manner can we? Much as I would like to have said discussions here among those that have chewed on the same grit I have, I don't think it's possible without a similar desire to have some respect for those we don't agree with.

As such, I can do without political opinions on this board. Facts yes, opinions much less so.

I usually enjoy reading what most of the collective has to say and it's understandable how the current affairs can ignite passionate opinions but lately discussions have devolved into the difference between a discussion and an argument (about 50 IQ points). I look forward to the return of 3 members and their contributions to a machining board.

There was a sticky last week that has since vanished, talking about an infraction scale being implemented.
1st infraction - short ban, 2nd - longer ban, 3rd - permanent ban.

I saw the same sticky. I would have copied and saved it if I knew it would disappear. Seems like it had to do with disrespectful name calling. This is a forum for professionals so we should act like professionals. I hope it is just a temporary time out as both had lots of good posts when they were not caught up in a squabble.

I saw the same sticky. I would have copied and saved it if I knew it would disappear. Seems like it had to do with disrespectful name calling. This is a forum for professionals so we should act like professionals. I hope it is just a temporary time out as both had lots of good posts when they were not caught up in a squabble.

So calling someone a professional asshole is okay is it? .....just so we know you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back