What's new
What's new

OT - never waste a pandemic/recession?

Sounds awful by itself, doesn't it, without looking at the whole picture?

The current population of the United States 1s roughly 330,000,000.

Trump got 62,984,828 or 46.1% of the popular vote. That's roughly 19% of the population.

Hillary got 65,853,514 or 48.2% of the popular vote. That's roughly 19.96% of the population.

She got 2,868,686 more votes than Trump.

If we abandoned the Electoral College as lefties demand Hillary would have been made President by a margin of less than one percent of the population.

Yet the children still cling to their fantasy, along with the Russia collusion hoax conspiracy theory.

none of this changes the fact that 80% of americans did NOT vote for Trump.
So any overwhelming voter support he has is a fantasy.
Of course, if Hillary was President, the same thing would be true.

I didnt vote for a lockdown either ,but because teenagers are out of controll ,we are going to suffer one.......Id much rather the cops got out and broke up all the groups of teens and young adults openly defying the rest of society.

Sounds awful by itself, doesn't it, without looking at the whole picture?

The current population of the United States 1s roughly 330,000,000.

Trump got 62,984,828 or 46.1% of the popular vote. That's roughly 19% of the population.

Hillary got 65,853,514 or 48.2% of the popular vote. That's roughly 19.96% of the population.

She got 2,868,686 more votes than Trump.

If we abandoned the Electoral College as lefties demand Hillary would have been made President by a margin of less than one percent of the population.

Yet the children still cling to their fantasy, along with the Russia collusion hoax conspiracy theory.

If Hillary had won the electoral college vote but lost the popular vote the same people that are in trumps cult would be going crazy. Wait, they are already crazy.

I think we have here another fake fact .....those who vote are entitled to do so (more or less),and obviously the whole population are not entitled , for various reasons such as age.So a comparison of numbers of legally qualified persons ,to votes for the candidates is the only legitimate one.Even so ,enough of the potential voters are happy with the outcome ,whatever it might be ,to add to those who did vote for the incumbent,giving the current occupant legitimacy.

On a lighter note this story is moving around FB.

“ Welp, that's it, I'm done. I finally lost it!!!!
Was just in Walgreens and seen a dude whose cart was FULL with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, and everything that people need!! I said, "MAN, that is SO selfish," and gave him the lowdown about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. I said, "You should SERIOUSLY be ashamed of yourself!"
He said: “Are you done? Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now!!"

Lol

This is a encouraging psalm for the ones who appreciate it. Briefly and once.;;;.. for these times.

but it shall not come nigh thee.
⁸Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold
and see the reward of the wicked.“

Obviously written by a human, in the third person.

Modern interpretation:

"Everybody but us are gonna die, cause we're Godfearing people."

Run for your life from that lot, unless you want to end up one of the ten thousand. Never a more bloodthirsty book written than the Old Testament.

Down the shopping centre just now,large mob of teens drinking ,hugging ,etc,anyhoo ,cops arrive in force take names ,clock biometric pics,tell them to dump drinks ,a few mouth off ,are arrested and into the wagon.....Huge applause from the shoppers ,good to see....Plenty of stuff in the shops ,TP even (limit one pack),fresh veg has gone skyhigh ,as its sold wholesale in an open bid market .....Well ,I can survive without lettuce and cabbage ..yuk.

Obviously written by a human, in the third person.

Modern interpretation:

"Everybody but us are gonna die, cause we're Godfearing people."

Run for your life from that lot, unless you want to end up one of the ten thousand. Never a more bloodthirsty book written than the Old Testament.

Y’all always add things in which I did not write. I think you are just fine like you are. Not tagging anyone as bad. Perhaps it might be your relative or local minister.

I do suspect that since I enjoy the Bible that I have sat through much more of the kind of Bible lesson with the theme “You are going to hell” than most.

You likely would not sit through a sermon like that and for that I applauded you. Leave them with their shadow. I am a thick skinned Kind of fellow from spending my life in Machine shops and I will say bluntly that this kind of thing entertains me and brings out my sense of humor.

Carry On. Don’t sic the dog on church people because my dog is already on the job. ;)

Y’all always add things in which I did not write. I think you are just fine like you are. Not tagging anyone as bad. Perhaps it might be your relative or local minister.

I do suspect that since I enjoy the Bible that I have sat through much more of the kind of Bible lesson with the theme “You are going to hell” than most.

You likely would not sit through a sermon like that and for that I applauded you. Leave them with their shadow. I am a thick skinned Kind of fellow from spending my life in Machine shops and I will say bluntly that this kind of thing entertains me and brings out my sense of humor.

Carry On. Don’t sic the dog on church people because my dog is already on the job. ;)

Clearly, my interpretation, as stated. Glad you're tolerant.

You're absolutely right. I wouldn't go near a sermon like that, having been raised fundamentalist, fled ASAP and am old enough to be spending what seems like not so much remaining time only on things that matter to me. Haven't been in a church for a religious service in over 40 years. My sympathies to you for for sitting through fire and brimstone. I hope there's been a purpose for you and a resulting benefit.

And it's not just "church people" that have adopted this position. It's anyone who thinks they're a good person. Do you know anyone who says they're not a good person?

Joe Stalin, on his deathbed, talked about what a good person he was. Maybe the biggest mass murderer of all time. The good, the saved, the elite, the chosen ones. Not a very useful concept, is it? But perhaps Stalin is a poor example. :)

But really. (You could see that coming, right? ) Read that psalm again. Even if you believe it was written by divine inspiration (don't know if you do or not) it says, don't worry, you'll be all right, you're not gonna die, even though everybody around you will.

I get a lot more comfort from an oral thermometer.:D

Clearly, my interpretation, as stated. Glad you're tolerant.

You're absolutely right. I wouldn't go near a sermon like that, having been raised fundamentalist, fled ASAP and am old enough to be spending what seems like not so much remaining time only on things that matter to me. Haven't been in a church for a religious service in over 40 years. My sympathies to you for for sitting through fire and brimstone. I hope there's been a purpose for you and a resulting benefit.

And it's not just "church people" that have adopted this position. It's anyone who thinks they're a good person. Do you know anyone who says they're not a good person?

Joe Stalin, on his deathbed, talked about what a good person he was. Maybe the biggest mass murderer of all time. The good, the saved, the elite, the chosen ones. Not a very useful concept, is it? But perhaps Stalin is a poor example. :)

But really. (You could see that coming, right? ) Read that psalm again. Even if you believe it was written by divine inspiration (don't know if you do or not) it says, don't worry, you'll be all right, you're not gonna die, even though everybody around you will.

I get a lot more comfort from an oral thermometer.:D

You are dead right. It can break apart families. I have actually met persons who said they were not good persons including Machinists yet most think they are good.

I found some yet not most to be bad. I watch them close just in case. I watch especially the Machinists close because I want to know which way my whole herd is is moving , because I do not want to get trampled! I like to be part of the herd And if we stampede we go together at the same time.

Your raising was tough yet there are things always to be appreciated if the only thing might be we survived such fire and brimstone sermons.

I leave the scriptures for now off the stove so to speak. Stay safe out there these are hard times and we hope to get through it intact.

I like your humor. I do not feel elite in any way yet know people that do believe that. Nothing is wrong connecting with God in trying times really.

I bow out of this topic guys because it can go sideways and that is not my intent.
We all have enough to keep track of. Be safe.

Last edited:
It might be worth keeping in mind that trump got a few million votes less than Hillary did.

Trudeau got 1.3% Less votes than Andrew Scheer(conservatives had 240,000 more votes) last election, yet Trudeau is still here.

Difference is we're not asking to change the system just because our guy lost even if he had the majority of the vote.
When its the other way around though... quick gotta change the rules.

Shopping today ,lots of Chinese around here all wearing facemasks and gloves ,rest of the shoppers have zero precaution ....I was wearing work gloves ,all my paper masks are so old the elastic has perished .....nevertheless ,with cases doubling every day now ,I wont be taking that risk again...Strange the govt says masks are useless,but doctors are complaining they dont have enough masks to guard them......Just maybe the government is lying.

Back