What's new
What's new

OT - Politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thermite

Diamond
QT: With most of the "developed world" birth rate below "population replacement", some by a great deal.. it is also a demographics and economic 'futures' issue.

I think that we don't want the China Communist People's party to decide that the people working on the bean farms in china should have only the same size bowel of beans as the fishermen may have 3000 miles away.

The Row / Way issue is who should decide the fed or the state.
"I think..." and "we" are suspect... Credit where due, BTW. China's practice of fermenting the beans to do fu BEFORE they enter the bowel produces less local flatulance.

But I "observe".. that the 'usual suspects' carry-on agitating over the same damned 'hot button' boolshit - best argued over ELSEWHERE - that dasn't have SQRT-FA to do with "Manufacturing". America,Europe, or any other venue.

So there.

:)

latheman78

Cast Iron
So rather than let a youth have a chance at living as they wish to, it's better that they suffer emotionally, including to the point of suicide? And it's fine to not pay attention to a medically factual pandemic, and self-treatment options like bleach and horse medication are better, even though proven ineffective? And by destroying property in "peaceful protests", you're talking about January 6th, right? You know, that little event where around 140 POLICE OFFICERS WERE INJURED, AND SOME SHORTLY THEREAFTER DIED?
140 police officers were injured. I would like to see that injury report, from what I have seen of the Capitol police for the most part, they are mostly a bunch of drama queens, saw that during the first testimonies that were a year or so ago. The guy in riot gear screaming like a little girl caught in the door whose armor and shoulders were positioned where he was not getting crushed was a prime example, that was an embarrassment. I am sure on that list of 140 if honest, there were a few bloody lips, small bruises, maybe a few turned ankles, and a few pulled muscles. Something the average real man doesn't seek medical attention for.

I did see a few Capitol police doing a great job under pressure, Officer Eugene Goodman was one of them, he and a few others deserve promotions and accolades. The others need to go, along with the police commissioner and police chief. Gut it and start over, the best police force in the land should be protecting the Capitol of the USA, not the Keystone Cops.

latheman78

Cast Iron
Not beans, they can cause flatulence and are so bad for global warming. Bean growers are secretly arguing with the government to avoid out-lawing beans (behind closed doors with top men and top ladies)
Cows 1st, beans 2nd, beer just down the pike.. and the world will be a better place.........(not)

Oh wait! gas and diesel cars and trucks are someplace on the list.
How many head of farting cattle are there compared to when there were something like 50 million buffalo in the area that would become the current USA?

michiganbuck

Diamond
Question : How many head of farting cattle are there compared to when there were something like 50 million buffalo in the area that would become the current USA?

Likely buffalo eating pristine natural grass did not fart at all. How could they the world was a perfect place before coal, gas ruined the environment.

A good chance that natural lightning-lit forest fires did not even smoke.

thermite

Diamond
How many head of farting cattle are there compared to when there were something like 50 million buffalo in the area that would become the current USA?

Might be more germane to focus on present day?

As-in:

"How did such a high percentage of all that flatulance end up as posts in "Manufacturing in America and Europe" on PM?

It ain't the BEANS, BTW.

(At least) two NOW well-documented families of Methane-producing gut bacteria they can - nowadays - control or even eliminate - with medical treatment. Costly. Of course.

So far, it is cheaper to let them fart.

AND/OR/ELSE elect them to public orifice..

Buffalo didn't eat corn and other feeds specifically designed to marble them up in the quickest possible time. They also weren't stuck in pens.

michiganbuck said:
the world was a perfect place before coal, gas ruined the environment.
There's a lot of truth in that, actually. Maybe not perfect, but it sure worked a lot better.

People fuck up everything they touch.

Milland

Diamond

latheman78

Cast Iron
Question : How many head of farting cattle are there compared to when there were something like 50 million buffalo in the area that would become the current USA?

Likely buffalo eating pristine natural grass did not fart at all. How could they the world was a perfect place before coal, gas ruined the environment.

A good chance that natural lightning-lit forest fires did not even smoke.
You have a valid point. Governor Newsome tells us fire season in California is now the result of climate change. When was climate change invented? California has had long drought periods and fire seasons ever since settlers started recording history here. I wish Governor Newsome could explain how climate change causes people to commit arson, electric transformers on poles to explode, stupid people to off road through heavy dry brush and not practicing safe camp fire use? All of those things cause unnatural fires.

latheman78

Cast Iron
Buffalo didn't eat corn and other feeds specifically designed to marble them up in the quickest possible time. They also weren't stuck in pens.

There's a lot of truth in that, actually. Maybe not perfect, but it sure worked a lot better.

People fuck up everything they touch.
I tend to believe my own eyes and those of people I trust who don't have an agenda.
Are you claiming wild buffaloes don't fart as much as beef or dairy cattle or their farts while equal in volume aren't bad for the ozone layer? I used to live surrounded by cattle and poultry. Chicken farm and milk cows to the west, horses to the north, and east. Had a place to the south that had a little bit of everything an had bull riding parties on weekends. They didn't have horns thank God.

There wasn't much fencing around and often the dairy cows would cluster close to my short wire fence as they seem to like eating the leaves off a huge droopy tree I had.
They mostly grazed and occasionally would eat trucked in produce spoils. I should have recorded the sound of their numerous loud wet farts, I bet they could have collectively filled up a hot air balloon in no time flat. They would look right at me and let rip like nothing happened, they had no manners.

barbter

Diamond
With most of the "developed world" birth rate below "population replacement", some by a great deal.. it is also a demographics and economic 'futures' issue.

What it is NOT is a "Practical MACHINIST" issue. America(s) OR Europe.

Another good reason for this entire forum to be dumped, outright.

And/or optionally restarted as something like "global supply chain issues", shipping, lead-times, tariffs, customs, currency exchange, how to pay or GET paid across national borders..

SOMETHING that actually RELATES TO manufacturing in a complex supply-chain global environment.
You've changed Bill....I don't understand your U turn now wanting to dump here. After all, you wouldn't have your half a million posts without posting in here....Are you now the new owner?
:D

latheman78

Cast Iron

The NY Times article is behind a pay wall. As for the police union, they are going to embellish the injuries. I do agree the Capitol police were dealt a bad hand from their superiors, of which most of them all the way up to the commissioner need to be fired.
I am not condoning what the Capitol rioters did, but it became more of a fiasco than it should have, that is on the mayor on down, she was running the show. I hope this incident leads to major changes, the Officer Eugene Goodmans need to be commended and promoted, he is the take charge, highly functional under pressure type people that should be guarding our Capitol, screaming baby caught in door needs to be fired asap.

Freedommachine

Hot Rolled

4efu81.jpg

I tend to believe my own eyes and those of people I trust who don't have an agenda.

Whatever you do, don't let facts interfere with your 'thinking'. There were no buffalo feedlots. Going down 5, you can smell Harris Ranch fifty miles before you get there and another fifty after you pass. The stink is bad enough to make you want to cut your nose off, with the windows up and aircon on full. Those steers are not feeding naturally.

Buffalo did not leak milk 365 days a year and were not fed the same as dairy. Not only that, but they are different creatures. Your inability to recognize these minor details discredits your resulting theory.

Not that I think cows are the major problem in this case - humans are. Refusal to accept this, along with the masses of people who 'think' the same, means that the problem will not be solved. Mom Nature will rid the world of this type of creature, and soon.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Too sad about everything else, though. There's some cool plants and animals out there.

Last edited:

latheman78

Cast Iron
Whatever you do, don't let facts interfere with your 'thinking'. There were no buffalo feedlots. Going down 5, you can smell Harris Ranch fifty miles before you get there and another fifty after you pass. The stink is bad enough to make you want to cut your nose off, with the windows up and aircon on full. Those steers are not feeding naturally.

Buffalo did not leak milk 365 days a year and were not fed the same as dairy. Not only that, but they are different creatures. Your inability to recognize these minor details discredits your resulting theory.

Not that I think cows are the major problem in this case - humans are. Refusal to accept this, along with the masses of people who 'think' the same, means that the problem will not be solved. Mom Nature will rid the world of this type of creature, and soon.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Too sad about everything else, though. There's some cool plants and animals out there.
What makes Democrats so angry and insulting toward those that don't think like them?
So you are one of those full grown greenies? Hopefully you are 100% practicing what you preach, doing the opposite of the Al Gores of the world. Setting an example for others, is all your electrical use from solar, and you ride a bicycle or walk everywhere?
Are all your sources of heat and cooking derived from green electricity?

Hodge

Stainless
I am not condoning what the Capitol rioters did, but it became more of a fiasco than it should have, that is on the mayor on down, she was running the show. I hope this incident leads to major changes

Correction.....you meant from trump on down.

And yes, I believe there will be some major changes.....

latheman78

Cast Iron
If people would just realize that the price of eggs on the south side of Mars is the reason for Earth's global warming the world would be a better place.
You were joking but I now realize eggs can contribute to global warming. I had a roommate
in my early 20's that his choice for pot munchies was pickled eggs. The guy would go to Costco and fill a cart with gallon jars of the things. We had Friday and Saturday night poker games. He was a horrible poker player, that is the only reason we tolerated him and his constant stench. Outside was fresh clean mountain air close to a lake, yet we had to sit in what smelled like a sewage plant.

latheman78

Cast Iron
Correction.....you meant from trump on down.

And yes, I believe there will be some major changes.....
Trump, he may live in your head, but he is long gone and not coming back. I was speaking of the mayor of DC, who was left to run things on Jan 6th, no matter what your left wing sources tell you. She was given full access to the National Guard on June 6th but deployed the first wave on traffic control. She as with many others under estimated the threat of the carnage, and also was leery of how it would look if a strong military action was taken to snuff the riot out as DEMOCRATS don't like policing to look like military actions.

Hodge

Stainless
Trump, he may live in your head, but he is long gone and not coming back. I was speaking of the mayor of DC, who was left to run things on Jan 6th, no matter what your left wing sources tell you. She was given full access to the National Guard on June 6th but deployed the first wave on traffic control. She as with many others under estimated the threat of the carnage, and also was leery of how it would look if a strong military action was taken to snuff the riot out as DEMOCRATS don't like policing to look like military actions.
Not so much living in my head as pointing out a facts you had forgotten about.

Pretty sure most people didn't see the commander in chief whipping up a riotous crowd to attack the Capitol.

On another note, I see you've been a member for about 1 month. Is this your first membership or do you have previous accounts here on pm?

Hodge

Hodge

Stainless
Not so much living in my head as pointing out a few facts you had forgotten about.

Pretty sure most people didn't see the commander in chief whipping up a riotous crowd to attack the Capitol.

On another note, I see you've been a member for about 1 month. Is this your first membership or do you have previous accounts here on pm?

Hodge

Status
Not open for further replies.