What's new
What's new

OT Public Service Announcement: Kidde fire extinguisher recall/replacement

Vecair

Aluminum
I had two in my shop. Might want to check yours. Would suck big time to need it and have the handle break off. I got my new ones within a week of filling out the form. Goes all the way back from 1973 to 2017.

I had two in my shop. Might want to check yours. Would suck big time to need it and have the handle break off. I got my new ones within a week of filling out the form. Goes all the way back from 1973 to 2017.
Aren't those just the dry powder ones ?

If you ever use a dry powder extinguisher near a nice machine and especially near any electronics, you'll wish you just let the damn shop burn down.

If you ever use a dry powder extinguisher near a nice machine and especially near any electronics, you'll wish you just let the damn shop burn down.
Dry powder extinguishers are corrosive? Or some other reason?

Seriously dude? So let my shop/garage/cars/house possibly burn down because I didn't want to mess up a machine? Quite the rational. BTW I have all types, water, CO2, Halon and dry chemical but if push comes to shove I'll use piss if I have to.

Seriously dude? So let my shop/garage/cars/house possibly burn down because I didn't want to mess up a machine? Quite the rational. BTW I have all types, water, CO2, Halon and dry chemical but if push comes to shove I'll use piss if I have to.
As a firefighter...Unless it's a very small fire, let it burn lol

Back