What's new
What's new

OT: Radial Aircraft Engine Cutaway Pics

We were helping a man repair a lerhone rotary that he was actually going to fly - crazy. It had originally been an iceboat engine. And kodos for catching the time-travel typo, those were ww ONE german planes that often flew with LeRhone motors! More reliable than the typical german motors of the day - not to mention more so than the gnomes.

I saw Palin do the 'drunk farmer in the piper J2' thing, funny as hell.

Stanley Segalla generally flew the 'drunk farmer' routine.

There are people - more than a few - to whom $62K is like you or me buying an $11 cheeseburger.

Thank the Lord there are those out there who have the means to act as "patrons of the arts"....including machining! Am sure there are members of Practical Machinist who do not have to deal with clients asking "how much"?

The same company that has the "buy it now" for the Gnome engine also offers kits for WW1 aircraft--

Palen and others at ORA like King and Fox may have had more rotary engine time than even the most famous WW1 fliers combined.
Their stick time may have been reduced if someone was shooting at them :) I'm sure you've seen films of dogfights ? Pretty crazy ...

Thank the Lord there are those out there who have the means to act as "patrons of the arts"....including machining!
That's one type of society ... but as a member of the unwashed masses, I kinda like the other version better.

"Thank the Lord there are those out there who have the means to act as "patrons of the arts"....including machining! Am sure there are members of Practical Machinist who do not have to deal with clients asking "how much"?"

I'm not saying it's a bad thing....just that it is. As an aside....if someone works for that sort of wealth, it's a good thing all around. Then, there are a lot of people who did nothing for it...I don't begrudge them their wealth but I also don't respect them for it.

The problem with living in a village of teepees is you would soon realize there are many around you who live in the same teepee as you...yet they did nothing to deserve it other than being born. Then, you'd start to realize that day after day, when you get up early to produce....these people are sleeping in after a long night of drinking and fucking and smoking dope. The party life. Once that germinated for a few weeks, you'd start to get pissed that you were dragging all those parasites along behind you. At that point, you'd reach a higher understanding of life and human nature and it would happen - you'd become a grown adult.

Once you reached adulthood, you'd understand there was nothing wrong - only good - in wanting a better teepee for yourself. You worked harder. Then...you'd notice as soon as you started building a better teepee, the parasites - who have plenty of time to monitor your actions - would wail and scream in anguish and they would form an alliance. The alliance would have a jackass name for to seek legitimacy; something like The Coalition for Unified Natural Teepees. While you were producing each day, and working late in the evenings on your teepee, the CUNT would have all day to dream up new and better ways to prevent you from reaching your goal. If one person gets a better teepee, then the loser nature of all the others becomes apparent. They would pass laws and regulations. They would publish stories. They would broadcast daily. All of which would serve to make your bigger teepee project as expensive and unpleasant as possible.

After a few months of being an adult...you'd practically barf every time some CUNT showed it's face or made even a noise.

After a few months of being an adult...you'd practically barf every time some CUNT showed it's face or made even a noise.

I dunno. I'm an adult and I like cunt and there you are carrying on like that's a bad thing. If you prefer "something else" that's your business and it's alright with me, just not the way I swing.

OK....Who derailed the thread here ?

First politics (gee wonder that) and now the gutter.

Back