What's new
What's new

OT sort of: How are these biscuits made in DK for so low a price?

Spud

Diamond
Royal Dansk. Love these biscuits. They sell for $3.38 at Walmart. Quite suprised you could make so many biscuits and package in a tin for such a low price and especially so in Denmark.
Walmart link below

royal-dansk.jpg

T

Last edited:

michiganbuck

Diamond
Spam the cookies? Likely you are That guy who is melting down YOGOs into bar stock and turning those cans on a treadle lathe.

but they look good so next time I'm in Walmart I will buy a tin..and you can pocket the 4 cents profit.

ratbldr427

Stainless
I bet the biggest expense is the tin;)
We make folding cartons and I have been told that some of the cartons do cost more than the contents!
I often wondered how they made those tins. Turns out the same people that make our paper printers(KBA) also make them for printing on tin. They look the same but have mods for tin obviously and they probably run a fraction of our speeds(14k-17k sheets per hour). I doubt that the loads are more than 12" high. Ours are 50+". One of the factory mechanics told me they were very noisy.

Spud

Diamond
And that is probably NOT made in Denmark...
That may be. The tin just says "Made in Denmark" . Far as I can remember (decades) that is what it has always said.

I am quite surprised the company hasn't gone to cardboard packaging; it must cost them quite a bit more to stick with metal. I guess they don't want to mess with tradition that is iconic to the product.

Trueturning

Diamond
These cookies are very good and I also see them most every year around holidays. I do not buy cookies anymore now for some time simply because I like them all. I will take a couple when offered and available. I never realized they were from Denmark. That is not surprising they would be from there because it is very good.

DDoug

Diamond
If you have to ask what's in them, you don't want to know.

Probably extending the flour with potato wash....:D

Last edited: