What's new
What's new

OT sort of: How are these biscuits made in DK for so low a price?

They are good biscuits/cookies. Imagine if instead of the durable and revered tin that instead they could use a very good box? It does not likely matter much as the cost likely is minimal Of tin vs paper box.
I agree the tins seem better and paper boxes can depend on proper shipping to provide the cookies whole.

The main thing is cookies/biscuits are received by the customer in the manner which the customer wants. There are other great cookies to be had most of which are not on the diets of some persons. These would be heart patients really whether they or anyone else might like it or nor not.

myself I will continue to buy these cookies in Their tins for gifts because they are very tasty.

They haven't gone to alternative packaging because the tin is part of the product. The tin has become synonymous with the brand. The tin is to royal dansk what the ford logo is to ford.

It is one of those situations where something has become so much part of the brand that if they stopped selling it customers would leave in mass.

My wife and I have been known to pay a little more for a product to get the empty container as well as the product.
The tall pineapple juice cans are just the right size for 4" dust collector hose. It is cheaper to buy a trigger spray bottle of something at the dollar store then to buy an empty sprayer at any other store, etc.
Bill D.

I used to feel dumb when I could not open up a box and get the stuff inside out. I thought it was jammed in too tight, jostled in shipping jamming even more.
Then I worked in a cannery and watched. They do not put the cans into a box, it is too tight a fit. They fold the box up and glue it shut around the cans. So there really is no way to get them out without damaging the box.
Bill D

A while back,I was given a decd bike restorers collection of tobacco tins with bits and pieces inside....i doubt tobacco still comes in tins.....when I was a lad,it was already in plastic.

Something my father showed me this year about the tins....

The smaller round tins are a little bigger then 7 1/4 circular saw blades so if you put cardboard around the edge and on the bottom you have a super cheap and fairly strong saw blade holder!

There is also a big tin version that is 10 1/4 dia. perfect for a 10 blades. I found for 6.99 at ross

Even if you dont like the cookies buy the tins and let your wife eat the cookies.

How are these biscuits made in DK for so low a price?​

Two factors, the Danes are very efficient and have a good work ethic and probably more importantly, the ratio of pay between workers and executives is tiny compared to USA. Here in USA the CEOs and their horde of ass-kissing followers absorb so much of the profits that costs must be cut to the extreme, hence so much production outsourced to low wage countries.

Back in the day ,Scotch shortbread fancy tins were imported empty ,and the biscuits made and packed at destination to avoid turning the biscuits into crumbs.
My mom said that when she was a child the family used to get these British biscuits in a tin that came with a metal toy soldier.

Used to recal mom and sis used these Royal Dansk tins to store sewing stuff.

On the tin it says "Non-GMO ingredients" and "No preservatives or coloring added". The tins sold in Britian also say "coloring", and not "colouring"

Big Lots was selling Bugles snacks that were intended for the middle east.
Lot's of Arabic writing, cartoons of Arabic people on the box.
They deal in overstock merchandise.

Back