What's new
What's new

OT - The future of work?

gorrilla

Stainless
A lot of those things I don't mind doing if I have the time, and can realize a savings in dollars or schedule.

But I have this "old guy" aversion to things like self-checkout. Yeah, occasionally it could save some time, but I'm not real interested in working for multi-billion dollar corporations for no money. When store droids "invite" me to use the self-checkout, my response is always, "Sure. What's the employee discount?" Since there never is one, I choose not to be an employee.

Wonder what would happen if I injured myself on their equipment while working for them?

I'm sure I could gripe some more, but dinner's ready!

Chip

I guess I too have that "Old Guy" aversion to self checkout. I always prefer to give somebody a job checking out my purchases. I've done the self checkout thing a few times, when the lines at the "human" checkout were just too long for the time I had. But I use the "Manned" checkout far more often.

gorrilla

Stainless
This is a consequence of taxation and other forms of wealth transfers.

In a true "market economy" with no subsidies, no handouts and no protection what happens is that a small number of people become wealthy and employ everyone else, essentially as their servants. So, you have busboys, gardeners, accountants, butlers, maids, waiters, cooks, etc etc.

In communist or socialized society where money is taken away from the people who earn it and given to random people, everyone earns similar amounts of money, so there are no servants, everyone must take out their garbage, cook their own food, water their own lawn, etc.

Welcome to communism. Get used to it, it's going to get worse, a lot worse.

I don't know what "communist" country you went to to see that, but in my experience, while that is "textbook" communism, it doesn't really exist. The rulers,the aristocratic class(which the rulers decide) still has all the servants and perks, only the run of the mill serf actually lives anywhere near that scenario you describe. And even then, only when it suits the ruling class. Which is what is trying to be set up here. The ruling class has nothing to do with the party, they both want everyone to kowtow to them and their ideas, but they want to perpetually remain that ruling class.

Spinit

Titanium
So what the deal is the ideology is just the cover for the con and it matters not what the con is and the needed bs to capture what one wishes to do and that is to be at the top.

Change it 90,180,270, and the end result is the strategy. Like N Korea if he changed or felt he had to change his ideology to stay on top he would and the only thing which would remove him is true revolution which would be successful. :scratchchin: