What's new
What's new

OT - Your forklift is inadequate

You guys are a bad influence, got me wasting time looking at extendo-boom things, wow. They have some interesting accessories. OSHA approved ?

can someone explain how this would work ?

I can see it would be difficult to get the crane hook in under that stairway, and the forklift does have a line down to somewhere to keep it from tipping forward when loading/loaded. But yeah, I was waiting for something to happen...

Tracks will probably give it more stability, no sidewall deflection like a tire; and probably lower ground pressure due to large footprint.
Lot of tracks showing up on the largest farm tractors and combines.
Bob
Solid steel tracks, yes, but rubber I'm not so sure of. I know they do have some steel built into them, but I'm not sure how much.

I designed some tank suspensions as a hobby in high school, so obviously I'm the authority on tracked vehicles (sarcasm).

Steel tracks can have very good stiffness perpendicular to the track, so you can get away with wheels around 1/4 of the width of the track. This allows overlapping the wheels, which lets your direct contact areas sink less before the unsupported length of track spanning the wheels begins to take load.

It's actually pretty easy to design a track system that sinks just as bad as wheeled vehicle, but can get out because of the slope of the slack tracks. Getting even ground loading isn't all that hard but requires a lot more thought.

You guys are a bad influence, got me wasting time looking at extendo-boom things, wow. They have some interesting accessories. OSHA approved ?

before you retar the roof, scrape the old one off ?

can someone explain how this would work ?

I see only number one is wearing a hardhat. I am sure it would save his life if he fell and the machine landed on his head before the building collapsed. on both. I would like to see them refueling in the air.
Bill D.

Back