What's new
What's new

OT - Your forklift is inadequate

It's 150,000lbs according to the mfg. It was made in collaboration with BZI, so presumably they have some specific use case in mind for it.

heard that thing was a half million dollar machine or something stupid expensive and weighs like 100 ton

A friend of mine has a smaller Xtreme zoom boom on his job site. Brand new machine, good for 20T. The thing is nicely built, ergonomic, has joy sticks for everything and the whole works is on beam axles with hydraulic tilt.

Buddy said it was a $180k machine. That 100T is probably north of 3/4M.

I seen a YouTube video of some guy walking around asking prices of equipment, he said they told him 2 million for it. I find that a little much he might of been FOS Don’t know.
But it was bad ass, it has a Cummins x15 powering it and the tracks fold in for transport.

Once you were pushing it uphill to hire a 50 ton crane here ......now there are any number of 200 and 250 ton mobiles getting around.....have to be more than $2M US each as they are German mostly.

I seriously wonder about the longevity of those tracks in anything but fairly stable, even ground. And in that case, why not wheels?
Tracks will probably give it more stability, no sidewall deflection like a tire; and probably lower ground pressure due to large footprint.
Lot of tracks showing up on the largest farm tractors and combines.
Bob

I have never opperated a tracked, well, I'm not sure that I have ever ran anything tracked... ???

But open field is all one thing, but if you are dooing much finessing to git into a spot, or hooked up to this or that all that often, I would think that would wear those tracks and infrastructures out quickly. If you need it - you need it, but I would want to make sure that I needed it, rather than git one to keep up with the Jones's.

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back