What's new
What's new

Override Door Interlock Doosan 2100A?

cosmos_275

Hot Rolled
The interlock is a Euchner STP-BI-3A I believe. Tuning fork looking thing goes in and is locking with spindle on. I found a triangle bit key on the sensor which when rotated unlocks it. This is great, door can be opened when machine is off. But when I power it up, I get an error and the machine won't run. I rana warm up for a few seconds and it was working as hoped: door opens and machine goes into feed hold. After a few seconds the machine figured out what I was up to and I just get an error now. Anyone know tricks to defeat this thing, preferable without breaking anything. Looks like I could cut off part of the front end of the key (pic), but would worry I'd be up a creek.

Thanks

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 13
Why order a spare if it does nothing? Not sure I understand. EDIT. I understand, don't fiddle with triangle key.. modify metal one, got it. I wonder if there is a wire to disconnect, but probably not. Thanks

Guess it's this one. https://www.euchner.de/en-us/a/095738/

Last edited:
Somebody find the post, was it Charlie Gary, who wrote up about what happened to him with a VMC with an unlocked door.

Yeah, leave it locked work around it.

Somebody find the post, was it Charlie Gary, who wrote up about what happened to him with a VMC with an unlocked door.

Yeah, leave it locked work around it.
What did people do before the safety police started putting door Interlocks on these things?

Remove key and insert into the disconnect like when the door is closed.
No, it will feed hold if it senses the door open. It will happen occasionally, but door doesn't fully open. Lock is still engaged. the spindle will stop. Ellison dude said the spindle doesn't stop fast enough to be safe. It stops plently fast, I'm doing smaller stuff. I want it to act like the Speedio. I have lots of muscle memory with that. Something bad happens, I'm opening the door first thing. So, the sensor is great, just want to defeat the mechanical lock part. I don't want to run the spindle with the door open.

Got maimed
Lol, really. So everbody that ran a CNC before door Interlocks got maimed? Or the statistics for Injury are much higher? And what about Manual Machinery then? We should outlaw those dangerous things.

Lol, really. So everbody that ran a CNC before door Interlocks got maimed? Or the statistics for Injury are much higher? And what about Manual Machinery then? We should outlaw those dangerous things.
LOL indeed
There is a reason for every rule and safety device, does not mean that every rule and safety device is the proportionate and proper answer, or even useful. It does mean that door interlocks are there for a reason.
Again, find Charlies thread
IF you are disabling door locks, you are a fool

LOL indeed
There is a reason for every rule and safety device, does not mean that every rule and safety device is the proportionate and proper answer, or even useful. It does mean that door interlocks are there for a reason.
Again, find Charlies thread
IF you are disabling door locks, you are a fool
LOL, You must be joking. I put door Interlocks on every Damn thing In here even If It didn't come that way. Probably why I've been doing this for almost 40yrs. now and never even had a stitch. If It wasn't for those things I'd probably only have one hand with two or three fingers on It.

"Why did it happen? Short answer is I did something stupid. I did not have a setup capable of resisting the forces applied to it. What could have been done different? A downward helix cutter would not have lifted the material from the vise. Some sandpaper on the vise jaws would have gripped the material better. An adjustable milling vise like this"

Yeah, you need the lock on the door.

Why doesn't the Speedio have a door lock then? I'm just asking it to behave the same way. When I say first thing I grab the door, that doesn't mean I immediate stick my head in the enclosure. It cuts the spindle off and I can resume if it's no big deal. Estop, not so much, and feed hold is a button I never use. My left hand is often on the door handle anyway, so it works well.
I'm not turning cadi rims here, so the arguement that there is more spinning mass just isn't the case for me. Trying to do this non-destructively is so someday if I have employees, I can put it back easily.

Why doesn't the Speedio have a door lock then? I'm just asking it to behave the same way. When I say first thing I grab the door, that doesn't mean I immediate stick my head in the enclosure. It cuts the spindle off and I can resume if it's no big deal. Estop, not so much, and feed hold is a button I never use. My left hand is often on the door handle anyway, so it works well.
I'm not turning cadi rims here, so the arguement that there is more spinning mass just isn't the case for me. Trying to do this non-destructively is so someday if I have employees, I can put it back easily.
My Speedio has a door lock
It does have a switch/key to change from locked to cycle stop on open
And yes the door behavior is more annoying than my older machines

I am building a machine right now with locking doors. You can't jump it out or cut the key because the control looks for a TRANSITION in the key state, not that it is on. If it wasn't off it won't go on next cycle. On the plus side this machine eliminates completely the operator from 2 shifts every day. However we still have to work hard at protecting OURSELVES because injury lawyers are blessed with 20/20 hindsight and no scruples.

Back