What's new
What's new

Own products

i look at the machine shop videos ,but always end up with the guy who goes around meeting cats........who wouldda thunk there was so many different colours and variations of cats........im gonna sell up my shop and get into stray cats ,many as I can afford!

i look at the machine shop videos ,but always end up with the guy who goes around meeting cats........who wouldda thunk there was so many different colours and variations of cats........im gonna sell up my shop and get into stray cats ,many as I can afford!

I can't speak for the guys mentioned but while its always nice to see a rags to riches story even if they already had money I don't see it as a big deal unless you are trying to emulate what they have done. Plenty of people made their money in one business or career and used that money to fund other ventures. A businessman local to me started his career owning a gas station and when he died he owned probably a dozen successful businesses. He just kept buying more businesses and they were all in different industries.

In the industry I work in I see lots of people come up with an idea and produce it, market it, and sell it.

People give guys like John Saunders a hard time but I think really those kind of guys are more common than most machinists admit. He is the guy who already had a job doing something unrelated, had an idea for a product and went through the process of figuring out how to make it and sell it.

They may not be true qualified machinists but they had an idea and found a way to make it work.

I just wish I had the ideas I see people come up with, some of them are so simple and sell like crazy.

Back