What's new
What's new

Ox's Shop

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,415
  • Views 382,815
Now - just passing this along, while I was scripting that last post, Fed-Ex showed up with an electric motor that I need for a hydraulic unit that I bought from Grainger.

I did not order it shipped with any specific requirements, it just showed up - on Sunday morning!
Good grief, what's this place commin' to? :(

------------------------

Is this the end?
Ox

"Last night I dreamed that I passed from the scene
And I went to a place so sublime
Aw, the water was clear and tasted like beer
Then they turned it all into wine (Awww)"

[FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]This verse seems so fitting now, I hope that the last part didn't come true [/FONT]:cheers:.

In case anyone missed it, we lost a Rock and Roll icon yesterdee.

Good-by to Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones @ 80 yrs old.

I saw them in '89.

--------------------------

Gimme Shelter

I don't think that they use pregnant back-up singers on this song anymore. :(
Ox

In case anyone missed it, we lost a Rock and Roll icon yesterdee.

Good-by to Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones @ 80 yrs old.

I saw them in '89.

--------------------------

Gimme Shelter

I don't think that they use pregnant back-up singers on this song anymore. :(
Ox

Original 1969 session singer was Merry Clayton. Belting out "rape..murder" was way out.
Her story is on the net somewhere.

RIP Charlie

Nobody died today that I know of yet, but one thing that keeps gitt'n my goat is that Autodesk ad.

image-100203028-14029700

I'm telling yuh, and maybe I'm the only one?
But out of the corner of my eye, when this ad pops up, I keep seein' "Tattoo You".
Anyone else?

images

2Q==

----------------------

My Little Rock'n Roll
Ox

May as well pick up a cpl more.

I think this makes about 8 Hardinge's on the floor now?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2748.jpg
    DSCN2748.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 139
May as well pick up a cpl more.

I think this makes about 8 Hardinge's on the floor now?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Going to follow hot dog or bun logic ? (8 or 10)

Or egg logic .... an even dozen ?

Nice!

Having twins of older CNC’s almost guarantees you can keep both running, as part swapping can allow you to zero-in on a problem pretty quick.

I can’t stand to see machines strapped across the top like that. Sheet metal doesn’t put up much of a fight when Trucker Tom starts ratcheting down.

ToolCat

Well, I have to say, seeing that scares me to drive down the road.

I am sure that there is freight shipped all day long that really isn't tied down to my satisfaction, but ... these are just setting there with 4" straps over the top of sheet metal, setting on alum deck. No header in sight...

When I hauled one home from the other side of Pennsylvania last year, I knew that there were no tie points, and I was prepared to block it all in with 6bys on 3 sides, THEN I threw a few 4" straps over the top - for looks as much as anything.

I see coils laying on the road and in the ditches now and aggin*. Not seen a machine tool crushing a Pinto yet, but still ...

* Or even inside the cab of a tractor once.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

* Or even inside the cab of a tractor once.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yup.......no headache rack won't stop a coil.................

Years ago my first lathe showed up like yours.............straps over the top.................trucker had it sittin on the upper step right over the drives. Said he's ran them like that in the past and the just stay put(I supposed until they don't)

Hey Ox, what do you have there? T42 general precision is my guess by the paint scheme and size. Do they have sub spindles and live tools? I love Old hardinge lathes and have been buying more lately. In the last two years I have bought two and maybe a third before the end of the year. I bought Hardinge’s demo 2010 T42sp pretty much fully loaded. It’s a big machine for a 42. And we also got one from Terry Iverson 1998 hardinge t42sp with sub and live tools.

Ahh, I was way off. If you need anything for those let me know. We parted out a hardinge st220. I have all the drives and motors. And some other odds and ends. Is that an iemca bar feed?

Thanks for the heads up!
Hadn't heard about that!

If it was any closer - I just might be on it too!
Except no way to skirt accrost Canada right now.
(I don't have the needed credentials)

I'd sure like to git up there sometime, but don't see having that kind of time block open while I'm working.

Glad to know that y'all are lookin' out for me tho! :D

FWIW - I have been to Wolf Creek Pass just after they got a 90" dump.
And The Soo just after an 80" dump.
In all honesty tho, once the land mines are covered up, how deep it is doesn't matter anymore, just that you want some fresh powder on top.
You can't tell how deep it is.

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back