What's new
What's new

Palmgren vise... not the quality they use to be. Not really made in the USA.

One horrible chunk of useless info I got burned into my brain now because of my wife, KPOP groups, the songs, the member names....what a shit show!
I even catch my self sometimes gum,gum,gum :ROFLMAO:
I may have been born there, but I think you're now more Korean than I am. :D

I may have been born there, but I think you're now more Korean than I am. :D
it's bad when any kpop song plays, I can tell you who the group is and their names. YUK :ROFLMAO:
My wife can tell you their height, birthday, real names, if they are in military currently, or when they get out, who is the mathyung....:blahblah::wrong:

I may have to go with her to see ATEEZ in Arizona soon,:bawling:

Genuine question: why buy a new Palmgren? Their website says $650 for that vise, and I see street prices around $450. Man, at $650, I'd be buying a Glacern Kurt copy, or stepping up to a real one. Haas tooling has the fake-o Kurt 6" for $407 and the real thing at $800.

Yes, the Palmgren is going to be less to heft onto the table, or if it's a spindly table you might not want 80 pounds of Kurt up there. Nonetheless, the cobby workmanship in your first pictures and the far-fewer and lower precision components than a Kurt DX6 makes me wonder who's buying and why?

One horrible chunk of useless info I got burned into my brain now because of my wife, KPOP groups, the songs, the member names....what a shit show!
I even catch my self sometimes gum,gum,gum :ROFLMAO:

Does she make you eat Kimchi as well?

(I happen to like Kimchi, can be an acquired taste for some)

As I see it, it's not so much where it's made as how it's made.

I think it is easy for a company to make and sell cheap things and to make top end, expensive ones. There is a market for both ends. It's the well made, medium priced ones that are hard to sell. And don't tell me that almost everyone here does not participate in making that the case.

Oh, we just ditch all the junk then claim "Made in USA" was wonderful, because we removed half the stuff.

That doesn't pass the logic test.

Nope, didn't say that at all. sometimes you read entirely *too much* into what others say. I used to share that affliction, but I learned to control it and not to make so many assumptions and hence erroneous inferences. The subject of this entire thread was a brand that used to make better quality items going further down the shitter... Not all U.S. made items in general.

If you go to korea, pickles. I swear, best pickles in the world, all different kinds, not just cucumbers. Someone should import them, would make a fortune.

I've had the Korean pickled cucumbers from the local H-Mart and 99 Ranch, agreed their very good.

LOL, I checked out a few videos

All I can say is, if Lemmy hadn't been cremated he'd be rolling over in his grave.
Their guitarist is insane! Sure it's 3-4 cute girls singing, but the guitarists and drummer are damn good. Not that I like that ultra fast picking that Herman Li does in Dragonforce but the talent is definitely there.
And they sell out arenas... I've no clue wtf they're saying though lol.

Back