What's new
What's new

Papagrizzly, any news?

Wyoming

Cast Iron
Papagrizzly, is there a chance that you could give us an update as far as the new line of South Bend lathes are progressing through development? I keep clicking on the South Bend site and "Coming Soon" is the only information available from the Heavy 12 on down. I'm sure a few of us here would be interested in the developmental process.

I agree, PapaGrizzly, - an occasional update would be most welcome.

And can you talk to the folks over at Woodstock International? They say they sell "through thousands of bona fide dealers across the continent."

Fine, but unless you can use a telephone (I don't hear so well anymore); there is NO means on their web site to obtain a list of their current dealers. There is neither Dealer Listing nor a means to input a ZIP code to identify a "local" dealer of theirs/yours.

Therefore, if a potential buyer cannot use a telephone to call them there is no way to contact a local dealer to follow-up for a possible purchase (once you announce here on PM that long bed Heavy 10s are now available for order.)

I know ethically you cannot 'order' them to change their website, but perhaps a simple request to them, asking them to provide a means for users to find their local dealers might help?

Anyway, as before, the very best of good luck to you in this new endeavor.

Stan Db

I know ethically you cannot 'order' them to change their website, but perhaps a simple request to them, asking them to provide a means for users to find their local dealers might help?

Stan Db

Actually he could order them to do it, as he has a controlling interest in (if not wholly owns) Woodstock International. However I would think he'd want that information on the South Bend Lathe website where it currently lists Woodstock as the USA wholesaler. I too have questioned why it's not there. I'm guessing its because a) they just haven't got around to it, or b) they were waiting until they had a larger number of dealers signed up.

Mike

Back