I just checked the remaining can of paint I had left from the Hendey project which had the formula written on the lid with a sharpie. It's the same as shown in the third post. However the proportions of black and oliver green seem wrong. Based on what I can remember, I think I must have reversed these two when I wrote it down. It's hard to recall exactly 2 years after the fact but I'm pretty sure only one quart of black was involved. So It most likely should be 2 parts (quarts) oliver green to 1 part black.
This has been bugging me all day at work. Tonight I went out and mixed up two batches in baby food jars with the relative proportions of the 4 colors marked on the side. One batch was made with two parts black per the original posted recipe and the other with 2 parts Oliver green. The batch with 2 parts black does in fact match the lathe as well as some left over paint in the can from the project. The test batch with 2 parts green is too light and looks similar to army green. I jumped the gun when I saw this post and figured I must have screwed up because it did sound like too much black to me also.
The original recipe shown in the thread about my Hendey is correct. I removed the post from yesterday where I (wrongfully) corrected the formula.
On edit. I thought I would add that when I photographed the lathe, I used a lot of lighting in order to show the details. For any given picture I used from 3 to 5 halogen spot lamps either direct or reflected. I adjusted the photos to try to get the hue as close as possible to the true color. Everything in the photos is brighter than normal (notice how bright white the wall is in my Avatar) because there wouldn't be much to look at if I hadn't done it this way. In reality the color looks dark and smokey on a test card but when spread out over a big ol machine it does in fact look, similar to the photos.
Thanks for going to all this trouble guys. The color really looks good in the lathe photos so I'm going to try it out and hope its not too dark. Unfortunately the Ditzler color doesn't help much. A quart of automotive paint costs like $60 around here and it would be way over the top for what I'm doing. An image Google on Rock Moss Green produced colors ranging from blue to green and everything between, I assume that's the lighting when the photo was taken.