What's new
What's new

Perpetual motion machine-what to do-what to do--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, there were 2 videos for this song. An internet search comes up with nothing.
With me, one version was for blacks and the other version was for.....
In this version, h
MySQL at that size of database was bad enough without me being involved :p
I got tapped for argumentative theory, problem solving and being a research nut.

It's strange how the nutjobs blow right past highly efficient system advances directly to "science is wrong" perpetual lunacy.

But then few have a decent model of science or how it functions. I was lucky in that you couldn't swing a cat where I grew up without smacking a hard scientist
About Schrodinger's Cat, I like pussy, just not his. In science, I can do better. Flat earther's couldn't see over the horizion and today they don't understand line of sight.
Get over yerself, fool.

Dad was THE surveyor for the "pioneer road" for roughly HALF of the ALCAN highway long before ever I set foot in Alaska, meself.

As I have done. More than 'just the one time' and in several 'seasons of the year'.

MANY here know PLENTY about "midnight sun" and the opposite .. the long, depressing dark at the Earth's extremes of latitude.

Some fewer even LIVE there, all year 'round, and even operate machine shops that make "real" stuff, not boolshit-magical nonsense.

With my brother, he honestly believed the Sun had set. He believed it. How to tell him he was wrong? And now you know my paradox.

MySQL at that size of database was bad enough..
Yazz. I ran it - briefly - with Dan Bernstein's "Q-Mail".

Soon migrated Q-mail of that POS to PostgreSQL. Same with Courier-MTA, then settled on Exim+Dovecot+Prayer... all atop PG.

I've also replaced Oracle with PostgreSQL in commercial use... more than a few times.
It solved the OS/DB's chronic "version Hell" wars in a New York Minute.

Someday, maybe, "Slow Larry" will release Oracle as "gold" instead of the never-ending beta it has been since Big Bang?

Talk about a "perpetual motion machine"?

That could be the Oracle revisions, coining money into Larry's coffers, and providing job security for Oracle admin/maintainers, "forever".

Hadda LOVE our French Engineer. He "got it right" by pronouncing it literally:

"Ora-CLAY"

"Ah... Guillaume? Are you sure you don't mean: 'ora-crotte'...."?

Last edited:
In point of fact you can't. Because you have a woefully inadequate understanding of what it is you are attempting to surpass.

You might want to start here

SOUNDS better than "intellectual incest" don't it?

"Sublimation" could serve 'pro bono commune'?

As-in the fool passing directly from the solid to gaseous state.. and being driven off on the back of the next random zephyr..

.... like unto a fart in a windstorm?

AKA "Justice!"

:D

SOUNDS better than "intellectual incest" don't it?

"Sublimation" could serve 'pro bono commune'?

As-in the fool passing directly from the solid to gaseous state.. and being driven off on the back of the next random zephyr..

.... like unto a fart in a windstorm?

:D
And yet my brother swore it was dark in the middle of the night. He must've thought he wasn't in Norway.
Could you imagine dreaming that you're in Amerika? He wasn't and we had a good laugh.
Yazz. I ran it - briefly - with Dan Bernstein's "Q-Mail".

Soon migrated Q-mail of that POS to PostgreSQL. Same with Courier-MTA, then settled on Exim+Dovecot+Prayer... all atop PG.

I've also replaced Oracle with PostgreSQL in commercial use... more than a few times.
It solved the OS/DB's chronic "version Hell" wars in a New York Minute.

Someday, maybe, "Slow Larry" will release Oracle as "gold" instead of the never-ending beta it has been since Big Bang?

Talk about a "perpetual motion machine"?

That could be the Oracle revisions, coining money into Larry's coffers, and providing job security for Oracle admin/maintainers, "forever".

Hadda LOVE our French Engineer. He "got it right" by pronouncing it literally:

"Ora-CLAY"

"Ah... Guillaume? Are you sure you don't mean: 'ora-crotte'...."?

You shan't have replaced the oracle for she was right. You do mean the Oracle of Delphi, right?

I've left it all behind for the wonderful world of automation. The day job I talked my way into.

Just packed full of stuff I need to learn :p
My Father ran from Nazis and before that his family fled from Bolsheviks,

The problem with autodidactic learning is it's easy to miss things and overestimate your understanding. Without good critical thinking skills, intellectual humility and a solid base of core scientific concepts folks go flying off into Dunning-Kruger land never to be taken seriously again :p

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

And I went to school with little Nazis swept up in Operation Paperclip.

That would be because their daddy understood real science

And yet the USS KItty Hawk ran over a Russian submarine. How does an aircraft carrier stray 8 miles from its battle group?
And why did a Russian submarine surface with an aircraft carrier coming up its ass? Everyone knows blocked signal and
surface to find an aircraft carrier, Why did a Russian submarine surface in front of an aircraft carrier?
Mother Russia, right? Why some died. The news never told the real story though.

And even today people don't know what happened or why. They only know what the press reported. They accept what
they were told. If you were there, it would be different but you weren't.

@ice, over 20 million Russians died to avoid Nazi occupation. Why is Russia silent about this? Actual numbers are U.S. estimate 21 million and Russian estimate is 28 million. Why are their deaths ignored? My Father was almost one of over 13 million non-Jews who died in Nazi camps. Why be quiet? I'm not.
And it is me. No one else says anything. And I'm not liked. But my Father did say no to Nazis.

Last edited:

Only some of them.

I had about fifteen minutes of one-on-one chat with Dr. Werner Von Braun onct off the back of a classifed briefing at Redstone.

Pure "Manager of Expectations", AKA "politician", that one.

OTHERS did the do. He sold nowt but himself, not THEIR technology.
Not much doubt he had bamboozled his PRIOR 'employers' much the same way.

Only some of them.

I had about fifteen minutes of one-on-one chat with Dr. Werner Von Braun onct off the back of a classifed briefing at Redstone.

Pure "Manager of Expectations", AKA "politician", that one.

OTHERS did the do. He sold nowt but himself, not THEIR technology.
Not much doubt he had bamboozled his PRIOR 'employers' much the same way.
It is time for a change.

It is time for a change.

"Too much Information" long-since:

Do "the community" a grand favour, willyah?

Pull 'em on so the catchment barrier hangs between yer mind and yer keyboard....

Last edited:
It is time for a change.
Today that is typical. Even famous American comedians stole jokes. It's about who is on top.
Just some basic info; https://www.academia.edu/721657/Hyd...he_box_model_MECCA?email_work_card=view-paper
How does OH impact H2O in the troposphere? It's missing a hydrogen element. Yet current algorithms can't account for the observed atmospheric conditions. That's
rad, right? Their algorithms can't get it right. They even miss the CH2O in the troposphere. How do you get this wrong? Right? That's a "pun" you guys can get.
And yes, I have worked in machine shops and wanted to be a machinist and as for this, how I have fun.

Last edited:
"Too much Information" long-since:

Dead mines in the Mojave desert are more interesting. Still, as a disabled Veteran I am in the wrong country.
Luckily other countries will accept me if I can prove that CO2 according to the ICPP is helping the ozone layer to recover.

A family history would shed some light on that observation. Son of a Politician brother to a Diplomat ) and his other brother was at Ft.Bliss when I was there.
I was off to other duties out of a 16H40 slot, MIM-14b firing battery (A-3-51, 52d BDE, NYADS [1]) before SNAP, so never made Bliss ... or Wallops.

Wasn't even allowed to stay in Artillery. Belvoir-bound, not Sill.
Penance for max-scoring the AFOQT is the Chief of Engineers OWNS yer youngazz.

[1] "STRAC" thing. A Battery, Old Bridge/Sayreville NJ, held "Best firing battery in ARADCOM" three if not four years in a row.

Last edited:

I remember those, as I said I was just an officer's brat. He was ADA on a fast track from Nike-Hercules through Vulcan / Chaparral. With stops at United States Army Combined Arms Center and the University of Colorado. Which is how I ended up here when he died at 31 a Maj.

I was born at Sill :p

Last edited:
Wrong "universe" more likely...

And this is like me telling you guys that 1 - 1 isn't the same as 1 * -1. One is zero while the other is -1.
* -1 is the same as - 1 so why 2 different answers? There is an answer. Multiplication proves addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back