What's new
What's new

Philips, Grundig, Millplus Information Collaboration

error 252 occurs when the tool is in the collet, you may have a problem in the collet opening inductive sensor. Perhaps another way may be that you have the tool configuration table wrong

Yes,I think so,a wrong parameter.... If I don't remember wrong there is a parameters to configure the table tool status....

Hi All,
I'm trying to change my machine language,
I use password 1234 to edit machine constants ,change the value in parameter 5 but the machine remains with the same language,never change.
Any suggestions??
Thanks a lot !

I think your hdd copy doesn't work for me, my machine has Philips pg1220 control.When trying it I have lost all the bios and I had to reconfigure it. However I will continue trying.
Hi, this is the pc in my dmu50evo i thing you have the same
PG1220.jpgPG1220.jpg

Hi All,
I'm trying to change my machine language,
I use password 1234 to edit machine constants ,change the value in parameter 5 but the machine remains with the same language,never change.
Any suggestions??
Thanks a lot !

If you make a change in any other machine constant it keeps the change?

Hi, Drimjohn,yes I have pg1220 too.
Yes,if I change other constants the change remain.
When I try to change the language,when I change a constant, the constant stays changed, but the language doesn't change.

Hi - not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in. Please advise. In any case - I have a DMU 70V 3+2 and am looking for help in 3+2 set up. I think I have the Z axis(tool) fset figured out but am not sure about the offset from the point of rotation. Basically I need a 101 level course on setting the machine up to use MasterCam to rotate the part to work on indic=vidual faces. TIA

information

My 532 VME has only the SRAM SSD HDD but my comp-tech buddy was able to copy what was on it but he doesn't think it will help much if it does in fact get wiped. As I understand it, there were disks that could be used to boot from that would allow initial use of the SSD to get it working. It hasn't come up but it may already be configured in the BIOS for this type of motherboard and just is a matter of temporarily adding a HDD, configuring in the BIOS and transferring files. I am not certain the older V3xx series control software was setup to allow a larger HDD to be used like in the newer "Millplus" controls, does anyone know if this was an option?

First of all, the 532 system SW is stored on the EPC8 flash disk, the Sram are only stores machine constants, tool data, parameters and programs. Some systems have a memory extension, but this is only used for data (tool data, parameters and programs).
The system SW can be extracted, saved and copied, using a special tool, available in Robtec's workshop.
From about SW 310, the HD versions were introduced, using additional HW, a EXM-HD module, on which the HD was mounted.
It is possible for Robtec to upgrade some systems to a HD version, by using different parameters and IPLC-SW. (unfortunately the IPLC compiler was changed from SW310 (?) on, so not the same IPLC xxx.fls can be used).

We are pgh-controlparts.com the internet shop of Robtec Automations GmbH based in Leipzig, Germany. We support Philips, Grundig, Heidenhain systems and have decades of experience, know how and information on the whole range of the CNC controls and CNC machines.

Hello

I have a DMU 70 V 1998 with millplus v330 that ran out of CMOS battery so it has lost the start up parameters.
From what I have read I need to install the software to get the parameters back in but I dont have the diskettes.

Have been trying to get help from DMG Mori here in Sweden for 3 months now but they just dont care to answer.

Does anybody know how to get the diskettes, will it work with some other version? somebody willing to sell or share?
Or is it any other way to get the parameters in?

Hello,

First of all, you have a millplus v330, so your system has a hard disk. All the Software is installed on the hard disk so there is no need to re-install it from floppies. Unless you also had a hard disk crash, you would do more harm then good by reinstalling it.

Your Bios batt went flat, so you replace it and re-enter the BIOS, using an external PS2 keyboard, plugged directly into the EPC8. You press F2 a few times during booting and you are in the BIOS.
The only problem is your HD size, as it has to be the correct value in the bios, to find your HD and the DOS on it.

If you don't have the original BIOS values (which you probably dont), find out the HD size and write again or contact [email protected] and we can let you have the values.

We are pgh-controlparts.com the internet shop of Robtec Automations GmbH based in Leipzig, Germany. We support Philips, Grundig, Heidenhain systems and have decades of experience, know how and information on the whole range of the CNC controls and CNC machines.

Regards

Thanks

I have the BIOS re-entered.
The machine boots up but when it comes to the machine screen I get alarm for "parameters missing", then it reboots again.

I have read that the BIOS battery also holds a SRAM memory with start up parameters and the only way to get them back in is to reinstall the software.

Translated from a french forum, I have read about same solution in industryarena.

Machine finally repaired!!!! WOW!!!
The problem was that having emptied the EPC-8 card of its memory, the machine parameters went completely to the strawberries. Impossible to be able to put them back in a normal way because they are stored on an SRAM memory integrated into the card itself. It was necessary to go through the machine installation software (provided with the machine on diskette) which works only on a PC running under DOS.

Last edited:
hi all

In dmu60p / milplus device, after not working for a while and losing the initial parameters and reloading it, we have encountered a series of problems, including error e252, which is related to the tool gripper sensor, which is not present in our device. . We can not find a solution to this problem anywhere. What is the solution to this problem?

hi all

In dmu60p / milplus device, after not working for a while and losing the initial parameters and reloading it, we have encountered a series of problems, including error e252, which is related to the tool gripper sensor, which is not present in our device. . We can not find a solution to this problem anywhere. What is the solution to this problem?

This looks like a problem with the Bios and/or parameters. There is probably a configuration parameter(MC) incorrect.
Check on the hard disk (control, menu, installation, machine constants, files,) if there is a copy of MC from the time the machine was still running. Save the current MC under a name of you choosing (xxxxxxxx.CM) and load the last running MC configuration and try again.
I would also check the bios again if it is correct.

Regards

We have done all this. I think we should change a choice in the constant parameters, but we do not have a manual for the parameters of the machine and dmg mori does not provide any help.
I think there is a troubleshooting book for dmu devices but I do not know where to get it.
I'm sure many technicians have this problem.

Regards.

We have done all this. I think we should change a choice in the constant parameters, but we do not have a manual for the parameters of the machine and dmg mori does not provide any help.
I think there is a troubleshooting book for dmu devices but I do not know where to get it.
I'm sure many technicians have this problem.

Regards.

In order to offer assistance, we need to have additional information:

1. Pictures of all the configuration pages of the "control" mode screens
Control-Mode -> Menu->Installation Tab-> Diagnostics
a. CPU, memory, I/O, drives, configuration
b. Log book file

2. Machine constance file

3. Pictures of the Hardware configuration
CNC-rack, Drive rack, Operators- panel

4. Picture of the machine name plate, including, Type and Serial Number.

Please make sure that ALL the above is supplied.

Only with this information, we could try to be of help and obtain a Machine constants list for this control configuration.

Kind Regards

backup discs for Millplus V4.0 for my DMU50v

I do have a full set of backup discs for Millplus V4.0 for my DMU50v. Ive copied these in case anyone needs digital versions to rebuild after a trashed drive on the same machine. Pretty sure all youd have to insert your machines parameters into the flies to replace my shipped parameters.

Dear markp
I have a DMU 50V from 1996, with Philips PG1220 Series, Grundig Millplus control.I ask you very much to send an image of the hard disk. The machine is 5-axis, after
the download returns error O208 . my email:[email protected]
Thank you so much.

Hello, i have send you a link to download the image of hard drive with MillPlus V400 from my DMU50evo. You need Acronis true image to make the hard disc.

Back