What's new
What's new

Picking out first new machine. Anyone have experince with Ellison in NC?

I think the remote jog handle is nice, but definitely an "option" for the smaller machines. The machines are locked down enough (safeties and such) now that having a remote jog is kind of pointless IMO for smaller machines - VF4 and under.

Also the multi auger isn't a necessity IMO unless you run unattended ALOT... and even then a maybe for me? All of our machines have the single auger in the front, and while they don't do a great job, we have to run lots and lots of parts before we need to get in there 'manually' and 'help' the auger get chips out.

The last Haas I programmed/ran would fill up with chips in less than an hour on Alum.
Hass basic chip evac is a Complete effin Joke!
You need augers in the "Y" direction feeding the main augers

The last Haas I programmed/ran would fill up with chips in less than an hour on Alum.
Hass basic chip evac is a Complete effin Joke!
You need augers in the "Y" direction feeding the main augers
The dm2s have this setup and it still sucks....Mills need belt type conveyors or high pressure coolant washdowns. The screw augers suck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There's no perfect machine or marriage.

people I asked for the 3k difference (single vs mulit (get belt)) said it's not worth it.

There's no perfect machine or marriage.

people I asked for the 3k difference (single vs mulit (get belt)) said it's not worth it.
For you single will be fine. I'd rig up another pump with some washdown nozzles tonspray the chips towards the screw.

No big deal

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back