What's new
What's new

Pictures too big?

EPAIII

Diamond
OK, so ........

so I am struggling to understand your point. OK, you did provide an example of a phone which no sane person would use to edit photos, Photoshop, Microsoft Paint, or whatever program they might use.

But you don't use that phone to access this BB or, assumedly any others. So that phone is totally irrelevant.

On top of that, since the steps needed to resize a photo are so simple and easy to implement, I would not be surprised if you could get a program (an app - I hate that word) that would run on it and allow the photos to be resized.

I think my point still stands, perhaps slightly modified with a qualifying phrase that I thought would be implied. First, you are misquoting me.

What I actually said was, "I do not understand. What brand or type of phone does not have photo editing software (apps) available? I have an Android based one and have at least two editing apps installed."

Specifically I did not use the word "backward" nor did I refer to Photoshop. By attributing that first word to me you put an entirely different slant on my message. And as far as photo editing programs (apps) are concerned, there must be dozens, perhaps hundreds of them for each type of cell phone operating system in use today. I have an older copy of Photoshop but only use it on very rare occasions, usually when I want to do color or gray scale corrections. There are much simpler and easier to use programs for just resizing an image. They work well and most of them are FREE.

But back to what I did say, perhaps I should have included the phrase, "... that they use for posting in this BB ..." between the words "phone" and "does".

Your comment may be true, although I am not ready to fully accept that at this point, but it is not really relevant to this discussion. Again, an "implied point", to use your exact words. Frankly I think that you really did understand that. And frankly, I do not think that it is much of a burden for a person to use such a program ON THE COMPUTER OR DEVICE THEY ACTUALLY USE TO COMMUNICATE HERE. But you may do as you wish. I do not mean to burden you in any manner.

Of course not. Which was the implied point of my reply to the query "Who is so backward that their phone can't run Photoshop?"

sfriedberg

Diamond
It's no burden to me, EPAIII. I take photos with a dedicated camera, and crop/color-correct/adjust the images on a real computer. When I want a large image in a PM posting, I host them myself and use an IMG tag rather than compromising with PM's limited upload sizes. Not all images I attach need to be that big, so I also use the forum upload when it is sufficient. (Have not tried that aspect of the new forum software yet).

Jim Moser

Hot Rolled
This new forum sucks for loading pictures, all flles I tried are too large. I don't sit at a desk top, so all pictures are on an iphone or ipad and too large? Used to use photobucket or tapatalk to easily post pictures. Now I'm supposed to use some kind of editing program or switch to jpeg mepeg upeg or something to post a simple snapshot of a bolt or tool for sale? Shees life is over complicated on here.

jackalope

Titanium
This new forum sucks for loading pictures, all flles I tried are too large. I don't sit at a desk top, so all pictures are on an iphone or ipad and too large? Used to use photobucket or tapatalk to easily post pictures. Now I'm supposed to use some kind of editing program or switch to jpeg mepeg upeg or something to post a simple snapshot of a bolt or tool for sale? Shees life is over complicated on here.
Could not agree more. I do all of my non-work related (aka spare time ) surfing from my phone and I cannot load any pics either. You’d think with all the so-called “tech” that this would not be an issue for this site. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only one that struggles with actual “upgrades.”….

MrWhoopee

Hot Rolled
Having to resize my photos is not difficult, just frustrating. I participate in several forums, this is the only one that requires it, and it wasn't that way previously. Invariably, I am in the middle of a post when I'm told the picture is too big. It may even be the second one, the first having been acceptable. Then I have to break off, open Paint, resize and save the picture, then upload again. By then I've completely forgotten what my point was.

86turbodsl

Cast Iron
It's a total PITA now. This is the only forum i'm on where i can't just upload a pic from my phone. Nope, i have to take the photo, go to the house, fire up the work computer, upload the photo, load gimp, dink around with the image, resave photo, go to the forum post, upload, then save. If you didn't get the photo small enough, repeat. One photo i had to do it 4 times. Doesn't encourage photo sharing.

jaguar36

Cast Iron
It's super easy for me on an iPhone. Click the little insert image button, then tap "(Or click here)", photo library. At the bottom it says 'Actual Size', tap then and then choose small, medium, or Large. (Large seems to work most of the time).

jackalope

Titanium
It's super easy for me on an iPhone. Click the little insert image button, then tap "(Or click here)", photo library. At the bottom it says 'Actual Size', tap then and then choose small, medium, or Large. (Large seems to work most of the time).
nope, just tried again on my iPhone and says file is too large.