What's new
What's new

Please help identify B&S mic set.

Necovx300

Plastic
F765BCFA-1063-4FA6-A394-C8A70A7D7575.jpg

First off thanks for all the knowledge posted in the thousands of threads here.

I need help identifying the approximate years my set was made. I bought them at an auction. The set is in a wooden box like most big sets, it’s a metric set, and it’s the straight line version not the slant lines. They are in amazing condition!

Thanks!!

4FAB819A-7AB8-4494-8414-7BAAB1DD9C31.jpg819D4410-AD51-47E0-97AB-10964ACC22AA.jpg

Yours look to have the combination solid/friction thimbles and the metal locking levers (earlier than the plastic ones that followed). Can't see if you have carbide faces and a vernier? If so they're still one of the better micrometers ever made.

This style was made over a period of a couple decades, in at least two B&S locations. I have no idea why you care when they were made, but someone with a B&S catalog collection could narrow it down a bit.

Thanks for the replies. They have “No. Kingstown, Pa” on each handle. The anvils look to be carbide (95% Sure). The thimbles are the type you described. Yes the locking levers are metal.

As for the year made question…. Purely my curiosity. I tend to like and buy older tools that are clearly made with more than a year lifespan in mind. The box is obviously old but the mics perform and look new.

Back