What's new
What's new

Pole Barn Machine Shop

So after coming down with covid, and not being able to do a whole lot. I was feeling pretty good today. So worked on finishing up some wiring, and started moving the belt driven L&S.

Then knocked over a chain fall and broke a toe. Should have been wearing my steel toes.

So ill be limping around for a while.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
86963242a8b358bacf496a8199efe941.jpg

Even with a bum foot. Got the old L&S moved.

Also threw some casters under the 36" DoAll saw. It needs a frame sit on and bigger diameter casters to roll better.

But these will work for the time being

Pictures aren't uploading at the moment

I'd be interested in any pics/information you can share along the lines of leveling and dialing in those long lathes (when you have nothing better to do:)).

From my perspective of using standard tool room lathes, adjusting tail-stocks, and leveling twist out so that things cut straight, a bed that long seems more involved to set-up than the shorter ones that have been documented over and over again.

Looks like that DoAll is missing the same auto-feed pulleys and cables as ours (they often are). Someone could make some money making parts for the system.

You (alskdjfhg) can add legs to the base that hover 1/2" above the floor, which will catch the machine if there's a caster failure. Bonus points if they're 'leveling' legs, with screw-down feature. Tall casters are a risk, but it's nice to be able to clean under machines and move them easily...

(For some reason, the forum software thinks I spelled your name incorrectly...)

For really tough, cheap, easy to attach large diameter casters look at scaffolding casters.

I designed a product around them because they're so cheap and tough.

I have my DoAll 36 on 4” timbers. Stable. Easier to see cut lines, and easy to move machine with pallet jack. Wouldn’t use casters.

L7

Got the 3B filled with oil and wired in yesterday. Started playing with it some.

Going to be making some upgraded shop door hinges soon, so gonna be putting these precision machines to work making no so precise things

99069222b3959af9aa4b231919962338.jpg
d3263f0cded471c25b9fe53f4cbde7e8.jpg

Back