What's new
What's new

Possible machinery rescue: Linley jig borer & Star lathe

John in MA

Titanium
Wanted to give a heads up to you guys. Elderly widow friend of mine is putting her house on the market and I've been trying to find a buyer for some machinery her husband had. If we can't sell this stuff in the next week or so, chances are it'll be scrapped or abandoned. I don't have the space or time to adopt it. If we run out of options, anyone here is welcome to save them. Also have other random shop stuff, plus a large antique letterpress printing press.

Here's the FS ad: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...orer-milling-machine-star-10-qc-lathe.412689/

MY first metal lathe was a Star . Learned a whole lot of what not to do with that lathe . Also got to the [point where I could make some pretty darn good parts with that lathe , it still lives in the back of my shop . I might suggest if you do not find a buyer maybe offer it up to a maker space in your area , & maybe see if they will let you put a add on their bulletin boards to help you possibly move these machines . Looks like the lathe may have 2 chucks ? or maybe 2 chucks & a faceplate ?
animal

It's a nice lathe, I'd take it if I didn't already have a lathe that size. Comes with just the chuck on the spindle and some random tooling. The spare chuck and faceplate walked off.

Linley is sold thankfully. Getting down to the wire with the Star. Do people not buy these any more? I haven't gotten a single message on five different sale platforms.

Back