What's new
What's new

Posting Pictures on the South Bend Forum

First off, I use these guys... pretty simple even a CAVE MAC can do it LOL...

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

On my CANON, I can use "normal" or "infinity" for decent pics but can also get too close to focus properly. Try the MACRO setting by taking the camera itself up close to the subject and let it focus automatically. Gets even better with a tripod. ws

jhen3l.jpg

2rzyzi1.jpg

2rm0fwm.jpg

Is it still recommended to post pictures with a size limit of 800 x 600 pixels? I have some pix I'd like to post from Photobucket that are like 1200-1400 x ?

Would this be a issue? (I'm not that lazy to create another directory of 100 pictures but...it's 2012 now?) Just askin...

Thanks, Gordon

I certainly know what it is like bringing your first Southbend lathe home; fixing it up, and painting it. They all used to be a light grey color. Unfortunately, light grey shows every oil drip, dust collection etc. I did mine in a dark British racing green, and it always looks brilliant.

Hey, Newbie poster here. Going to see if loading pictures works. Picked up a 9" south bend a week ago and am currently waiting for the card for the build specs. Its missing the original model badge and I am having trouble finding info and a manual. Any advice greatly appreciated. Has anyone else seen what looks like a springfield armory stamp by the serial number?

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 459
  • image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 433
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 444
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 453
Okay, I give up. I know I've seen the answer somewhere on this site in a thread in the past, but I can't find it. How do you post more than the 4 photo maximum allowed when you upload photos. I see it done all the time but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks,
Jim

On edit: Never mind, I now know how it's done.

Last edited:
Okay, I give up. I know I've seen the answer somewhere on this site in a thread in the past, but I can't find it. How do you post more than the 4 photo maximum allowed when you upload photos. I see it done all the time but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks,
Jim

On edit: Never mind, I now know how it's done.

So what is the answer? How is it done? The 5 photo limit drives me crazy.
Thanks,
Chris

I thought I'd add an update about posting from a MAC. I have a new 2020 27" iMac, and it seems that something had changed. Some of my photos came out large, however most were very small. Thanks to an article from TexasGunny, I discovered why.

By default, a Mac will always leave the suffix .jpeg on the photos. However the software on PM will compress
these files types aggressively. However, if you change the suffix to .jpg, the photos will be compressed less,
resulting in a larger image.

If you try to rename a photo using the pop-up in "Preview", you are given a choice of suffix abbreviations to choose from, but .jpg is NOT amongst them...darnit. So what I have to do (unless I find a better method), is to highlight the image name (while on desktop), and type in a name and add the .jpg. If you don't the file name will remain
.jpeg and won't enlarge.

So if you are having those problems, focus on the suffix as mentioned above.

I'm sure there is something about this in the last three pages of this thread, but just thought I'd publish my recent findings.

PMc

I thought I'd add an update about posting from a MAC. . .

PMc

I had been meaning to link that here, lol. Just got around to doing it, when I see you left an update, missed it when you posted. :D

The link of the Apple posting issues I had:
photo posting issues

Quoted from mcload's thread where he figured out a work around, which he expanded on in the comment above this one.
The images below were duplicated and then renamed with a .jpg suffix instead of .jpeg.
These now seem to work okay and are large. (I tried renaming one to .png, but that remained small.) The good thing is that I can "preview" the images first to see what form they will take
before actually posting them.

PMc

My solution:
For those who are having trouble posting high resolution pics, presumably over 1mb in size. . . If you use windows on a pc. There is a "snipping tool" incorporated in windows 7 and newer. Basically it takes a screen shot of what you are looking at, though you choose the size by clicking and holding down the left mouse button. Then drag the cursor over the portion on pic you want to copy or save.

This tool should reduce the file size of a pic. So let's say a 3 or 4mb to probably under 1 mb. Open the original pic on your pc. Use this tool to cut out the pic, and save to another folder. Then you can post your new cut down pic.

To find the snipping tool on your windows pc, type snipping tool in the search box inside the start button. More detailed info on it here:

SLK001's solution:
from this link:

Create an album using the TAB called MEDIA at the top of the thread. Add photos to your album. Click on the photo you want to add to your post, select "COPY IMAGE" then just PASTE it into your reply

Last edited:

Back