What's new
What's new

Power loss during turret change

Hertz

Stainless
Good morning, as the subject says, I was in a turret change on the CNC lathe, we had a power loss, and now the turret is out of position. I tried to just do a normal rotation after restart, and it went to the nearest tool and now it's locked with an alarm turret rotation fault. It's a BV 560 MG with a Fanuc 21i-T controller. Turret is Sauter 0.5.480.520. Is there a simple fix for this? About 10 years ago when I was working at a different place, I remember someone saying just do a tool change manually and it will find itself again. I tried that but it's not working. I did shut the machine down and upon restart the turret was freely spinning. Then as mentioned, when I did a tool change, it just rotated to the nearest tool, locked, and then the alarm comes up. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Added in the thread.
Funny part about it, is if I power off and back on, the turret spins freely by hand, and when I manually enter a tool change, it rotates but is off by 1.
So if I enter T0101, it goes to tool station 2.
T0202 goes to station 3 and so on.
The issue is that it hangs for a few secs after the rotation, then eventually alarms out with rotation fault.

You need to post the make and model of the machine. The machine builder determines how the turret works, not Fanuc.

Comes up as Nicaraguan cigars for me.

I guess it's a secret, and those with the same machines will know, so ...

???

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

You might have to manually rotate it to the correct position when the machine is off or in the e-stopped state so that when you command T101 it goes to the right station.

As you stated, the indexing is off by one station and the machine knows it.

I had a machine that would have issues indexing and the mtb had a procedure that didn't always work.
So I kinda figured out a work around that I would manually shift the solenoid on the turret, rotate to position and re-shift
the solenoid and lock it. power off and back on. my thought was a not so thought full plc program that didn't take all
the eventualities into account of the shifting process.

Back