What's new
What's new

Probe question-side and a bore

astropaulo

Aluminum
Hi All,

New to probing and was wondering how you would probe 1 side of a part for rotation then use a bore for location? Is there a program
for just one side? i've only seen demos for using X and Y to get the angle. I assume you would then call G68 then probe the bore to locate?

Thanks

Larry Dickman

Titanium
not real sure what you're after, you want to make a bore in the part the origin, and then align it to a side?

Probe the bore first and make that x0y0.
Then probe the side and calculate the G68 R value. I think there are probe routines that calculate the angle for you, I've never used them.

Keep in mind that probe routines will not work if G68 is active.

astropaulo

Aluminum
This would be for an Op 2. Got a machined straight edge and a bore. Want to find out the ways to use the probe to deal with any rotation in the part and locate off a previously machined bore.

thesidetalker

Hot Rolled
Download the renishaw manual to read up on using those macros directly, not the Haas WIPS stuff.
https://service.haascnc.com/sites/d...ishaw_Programming_Manual_H_2000_6222_0A_B.PDF

The bore doesn't need to be X0 Y0 and the angle doesn't need to be square to X or Y axis either.

Measure the bore using 9814 to update location.
Measure a straight surface with 9843 and your angle error is stored in variable #194.

Then you can rotate your program about the bore.

Its a good idea to store the angle result in another variable so it isn't accidentally over-written.

G65 P9843 etc
#500= #194
G68 X2. Y-0.5 R#500

You can measure the angle or bore in either order. When you're done, apply G68.