What's new
What's new

Probing if H and T numbers do not match?

Stang Bladeworks

Aluminum
I am looking to add a probe to my mini mill. I have a mini mill with a NGC. I need a lot more than 10 tools to make my parts so I have disabled the H and T match setting.

I am wondering how this works with measuring tools using the tool setter. If my program has pocket 1 using offset (tool) 14 is there a way to measure the tool in pocket 1 and have it update the parameters for tool 14?

On another program pocket 1 may be tool 5 and I want to be able to automatically measure the tool and adjust the correct offset for a given program.

Same with in process stuff, although it seems like I can handle this in fusion. Has anyone dealt with this scenario and can you offer any advice.

If at all possible I want to avoid matching the tool numbers and retouching everything every time I change a pallet. I have no experience with probing and I’m wondering how flexible it is before I pony up the cash.

Thanks.

It's possible with the classic control at least, my workaround is pretty janky but it's just me in the shop so I've made do with it. Looking at the videos they have for the ngc probing there may either be a setting for the VPS templates or you might be able to edit one to work the way you want it to. I'd talk to someone at haas to explain your intended process and see if they can give you a demo to make sure it works the way you want it to first.

Back